New to the forum - 67 Impala SS - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

New to the forum - 67 Impala SS

Hello everyone. I just found the forum yesterday so I wanted to check in and say thanks for all the information available. Looks like there is a lot of sources for help here. I have blue 67 327 SS with a powerglide. It was actually my dad's first car bought new in southern Illinois. It sat for years then when I was in high school in the 80's I got it running again and drove it for a while. Went to college and moved away and the car went into a barn. Now the entire interior is trashed but almost everything else is salvageable. My son (11) and I are getting ready to start repairing the old girl.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 11:42 AM

Welcome to the Team!

Sounds like a good project were all you will need is another donor car for the interior parts. I would much rather replace interior parts than weld grind seal and sand sheet metal any day.

Big Dave
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

The problem I see is finding a blue SS for the console. Mine is broken at the back end in front of the back seat. Unless there is a way to change another color console to blue...

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 09:29 PM

Vinyl dye works wonders; it can be used to change the color of the plastic parts. Add some rattle can duplicolor paint for the metal bits.

Big Dave
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Would you have a link or some info on the vinyl dye? Have you ever used it? I could likely get a black console that isn't broken if the dye works that well.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 12:41 PM

I have changed blue interiors to red and many other colors (Green and tans,but mostly blue interiors to black) in a number of cars. I bought the dye in aspray aerosol rattle can at NAPA which sold is as a Martin Senour colorchange for plastic car interior parts.

http://www.martinsenour-autopaint.co...pds/MA4006.pdf

Big Dave
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-26-2016, 06:42 AM

Interior is pretty easy to change out. Do the back seat first then the buckets and headliner.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-26-2016, 10:27 AM

Console repair

Mark on the ImpalaSS427 site regularly advertises that he repairs 66&67 consoles. You may want to talk to him, here's 1 post:

Impala SS427.com Message Board: Re: 1966/67 center consoles

Paul

Paul

1966 Impala SS

Please Visit our new site:
http://www.winvoices.com/
1959 through 1988* window stickers, car shippers, dealer invoices, retail sales orders and tank stickers, expertly reproduced, for most Chevrolet Models.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page