64 luggage carrier parts - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
Team Member

64 luggage carrier parts

g'day new to forum from Sydney Australia looking for 64 luggage carrier parts can any body assist with where I might find parts cheers benD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 10:15 AM

Welcome to the Team Ben!

Only car I have seen with a luggage rack was on station wagons. If you have a sedan with a luggage rack I would look for parts off a wagon as they will be similar differing in the length of the bars.

Big Dave
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Team Member

Big Dave thanks for taking time in replying. I have an original RHD 64 wagon imported into Australia in kit form from Canada using 61 Pontiac dash in RHD version. For sometime now I have been gathering NOS parts and have now realised how scarce these luggage carrier parts are. I am seeking rubber mounting pads, fixing clips and mounting screws or even complete NOS kit. Can anyone advise if any of these parts are being reproduced or is it a matter of finding NOS parts which here in Oz are as rare as hens teeth. Would appreciate any help, I have been trying to post photos to no avail. Ben

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 09:30 PM

Screws are the only part that I know of that is reproduced. GM bought those parts from a third party vendor. If you can figure out who it might make finding parts easier (assuming that company is still in the same business making parts for the auto industry). Are there any names or trade marks on those parts?

Big Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page