1970 Impala from Rocky Point Mexico! - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

Smile 1970 Impala from Rocky Point Mexico!

Hi there, my name is Jorge Sanchez, I live in Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point), state of Sonora in Mexico, Paradise here!

I just bought a 1970 Chevrolet Impala! sport coupe? it has a 350 engine with a 3 speed transmission, It is green and its mostly stock, it has OEM A/C but currently not working, tiny wheels and tires, but in general it drives very nice and it is very comfortable, I really like it. I change the steering wheel because the original was in a very bad shape and cracked. Every thing works fine, windows, engine, headlights, taillights.

I hope to learn from every one here, I get some advice for parts an general maintenance, but, I really want to change the wheels and tires, but im gonna open a new thread. Thanks everyone!

PS visit
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4278.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	15625   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3791.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	15633   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3852.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	15641   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4084.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	15649   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4277 (1).jpg
Views:	43
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	15657  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 05:17 PM

Bienvenido al grupo Jorge

I have driven through part of the Sonora desert (the part that lies Norte de Rio Grande). All I have to say hace mucho calor.

Your car is virtually rust free but the sun will destroy plastic like your steering wheel. Hopefully you kept it as it can be repaired with a little work (to a lot of work ), but the materials are relatively cheap. You basically find a bit of good wheel and make a plaster of Paris mold then pour in epoxy plastic to replace a section at a time of the steering wheel. Once it is all solid plastic again it can be sanded and ground to look new when properly painted with vinyl plastic paint.

Big Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page