Hello from Washington - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Hello from Washington

Hi,
New to the site so I figured I'd introduce myself. My name is Douglas and I am working on a 1967 Impala Convertible with my dad that is my brothers car. My brother loves the Impala from Supernatural but when we were looking for cars for him when he turned 16 all of the 1967 Impalas done nice enough were out of the price range we were looking at. Fast forward a few years and this Impala dropped into our laps. Basically the idea is get it running and driving for a summer cruiser. It has some rust issues and some sun baking issues, but the car isn't horrible for sitting for 20+ years. I've attached a picture I took of the car after we took the hood off.

At this point the car is running, though only on starter fluid as we pulled the gas tank to clean it and replace the rubber lines. The brakes have been rebuilt with new hoses and some new stainless steel lines (since we didn't pull the engine and body we decided to leave, for now, the passenger side front and the main line that runs to the rear brakes) and bled once but will probably need several more. Interior was yanked and all the nasty underlay removed. Carpet was cleaned well and we will be painting it black to get rid of the sun fading on the red carpet that is otherwise in acceptable shape (for now).

Anyway, hello to everyone!

Douglas
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0714.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	16114  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 11:44 PM

Welcome to the Team Douglas!

See you even have the corner lights. Looks like it was fully optioned when new.

Big Dave
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 02:11 AM Thread Starter

It's a 327 2bbl auto, so not sure what the options were, but it seemed kind of bare bones to me. Any other interesting options? It has power steering, but no ac, manual windows, and bench seat.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 08:38 PM

Welcome Douglas!

http://www.impalas.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=521&dateline=14693626  69
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 10:52 PM
BA.

Welcome to the site, glad to see you guys are getting another one back on the road!

HOW A NOVICE REBUILDS A 66 IMPALA CONVERTIBLE:
http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=1432
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page