Hello everyone from the beautiful U.P. of Michigan - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

Hello everyone from the beautiful U.P. of Michigan

Hi everyone - lifelong car nut here, grew up watching/helping my father in the 60's and 70's. First car of mine we rebuilt together was a 1968 GTX convertible when i was 19. Ended up working in our small family contracting company together for 30 years too. Wish i had the GTX today, but real glad I got to work with Dad for that long. I always loved 1955 chevys (had 4) but liked Chevy Impala' s since i was a kid. At present I got a 1974 impala 4 dr w 88k that is my cruiser, a mint 1965 swb Chevy pickup, and my recent pickup a 1967 Impala SS396 for which i will likely ask a lot of questions here. I want to thank you all in advance for any help and look forward to using Impala Tech to help me get my most recent project finished.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 08:07 AM

Welcome to the Team!

You going to resto mod the car and pick'em up (keep it appearing some what stock but upgrade the mechanicals such as engine tranny and brakes to modern standards)? Or are you going to fully restore them and put 'em in a museum somewhere?

I have seen both built into autocross racers of late but I think they are to big and heavy to be serious contenders in an actual against all comers race.

Big Dave
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

Dave the 67 SS is all original Marina blue w black bucket seat interior. I bought it from the original owner and has been sitting in a garage since 1972... 57000 original miles. Im gonna do a frame on restoration keeping it original and drive it. The motor is being rebuilt at an engine shop nearby- the only major change to it will be hardened valve seats and a Lunati Voodoo cam and lifters. Cant wait to get that back and start putting it back together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page