New member from Missouri - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

New member from Missouri

Hey guys, new amber here from Missouri. My wife and I just got a 61 Parkwood wagon from her recently deceased grandfather. The front fenders are rusted above the headlights. Does anybody know if all fenders from Impala 2 dr and 4 dr are compatible? Excited to get started on the restoration.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 02:27 PM

With your '61, a Fender is a Fender. The only difference is with the Trim between the different types (Impala, Bel-Air, Biscayne). Actually the Biscayne has no Trim.

Keep us posted on your progress.

-Parting Out over 75 '58 to '73 Full Size Chevy Cars-

Member:

-National Impala Association
-Vintage Chevrolet Club of America
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 03:30 PM

Welcome to the team!

Have to agree; everything in front of the firewall is the same over all of the models. Care with more trim have more holes stamped into the fender (or clips spot welded to the sheet metal) to mount the trim. If you don't want trim you can weld the holes shut or grind off any clips for a smooth look.

Big Dave

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I'm new to the Impala platform. I'm typically a chenille guy but this car is special to my wife. I finally got it out of the pasture tonight. had to cut a tree out and part of it came with the car. It will be a long build due to the fact it needs everything. The floor is completely gone. Where is the best place to order parts? I have a catalog coming from Classic Industries.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 10:23 AM

There are not a lot of reproduction parts made for your car (just those standard parts that fit multiple year models and makes from the GM parts bin). It will require cutting up donor vehicles to get the parts you need.

Big Dave
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 05:19 AM

I don't believe anyone makes fenders for that car. You are going to have to source a parts car.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txbobcat View Post
I don't believe anyone makes fenders for that car. You are going to have to source a parts car.
I think he is more concerned about floor pans since he had a tree growing through the car.

If I am not mistaken the floor pans from the rear foot well back is unique to wagons (though the El Camino used the same floor pan with a screwed in place panel covering the foot wells that can be modified to turn the foot wells into a storage area on an El Camino). Forward of the rear seat area a four door can be used as a donor car.

Big Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page