Grettings - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 07:11 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Grettings

Hello all,

I am new to the forum. I recently purchased a 1967 Impala and will begin the complete restoration and modification when I return from deployment. This will not be a return-to-factory restoration, but a modification to make the car my own. My plan is to complete an LS Swap (408 Stroker) from the 283 that is in her now. I will also upgrade the brakes to a four-wheel disk brake system and upgrade the suspension. The intent of this note is to introduce myself and grow my network of Impala enthusiasts. I, by no means, am an expert in vehicle restoration and will be completing research and taking copious notes throughout the entire process; from taking the body off the frame thru the first break-in period. With that being said, I hope that I can learn from each of you and I can keep everyone posted on the development of my project. Thanks in advance everyone.

Chad
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1967 Impala Pic.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	17266  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 09:05 AM

Welcome to the Team!

Have you considered buying a burned or rolled C4 or a C5 Corvette? It has a modular front and a rear sub frame that could be attached to your middle frame section under the cabin as that would make installing the engine, trans, brakes, and everything else a lot easier.

Big Dave
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Smile

Big Dave,

I have not considered that. I was unaware that would be an option. I will have to conduct some research to see how that would work? Thank you for your feedback.

Chad

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Big Dave,

I have not considered that. I was unaware that would be an option. I will have to conduct some research to see how that would work? Thank you for your feedback.

Chad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page