Here to find a home for my Grandmothers Impala - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Here to find a home for my Grandmothers Impala

I joined this forum to find someone who wants to buy my late Grandmothers Impala. She inherited the car to me because I was the only one in the family that loved the car, waxed her every time I visited, and loved to cruise around windows down. Unfortunately I do not have the space nor the money to keep her stored during the Hot Humid summers here in Oklahoma. The car right now is in storage up in Montana where I drove it after my Grandmother past. I'm looking for a person that really loves impalas as much as my grandma loved hers. The cars name is Betsy and her exterior was fully restored in 2011. The interior was restored many years before that. This was my grandmas only vehicle from 1971-2010. Vehicle is in amazing shape. I will post an add in the classifieds once I have gotten better photos and confirm weather or not the block was replaced or if it has machining numbers and was just rebuilt.

Thanks,
Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2017, 11:23 AM

What year is this Impala? 2 door, 4 door, wagon?

1967 Chevrolet Impala SS convertible - Ermine White C1
1967 Chevrolet Impala SS 396 - Marina Blue FF
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2017, 01:37 PM

Welcome to the Team Steve!

I am assuming he has a 1971 or older Impala. !971-'76 production years were the biggest heaviest of the full size B-body cars, and as such are not as popular. A car of this size wants a 454 to motivate it (same size car in the Cadillac line had a 500 cube motor to get it rolling).

Big Dave

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2017, 09:01 PM

I live in Montana and just got hooked on the Impala. I would be interested to hear more about ol betsy. I'm guessing with a car name like that she didn't have a 427 4 speed car?

Jason
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2017, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedknuckle View Post
I live in Montana and just got hooked on the Impala. I would be interested to hear more about ol betsy. I'm guessing with a car name like that she didn't have a 427 4 speed car?

Jason
1969 was the last year for the 427. It was replaced in 1970 by the 454 available in the A-body for the first time in the 1970 SS model (breaking the 400 cube self imposed limit so as to compete with Ford putting 428 and 429 cube big blocks in all of their cars in 1969), as well as the usual B and Y body cars (impala and Corvette).

Big Dave
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Sorry for the delay holiday season was busy. Betsy is a 4 door hard top 1970 impala with a 350. Engine was replaced a number of years ago. Like I said before my Grandmother used Betsy as her daily driver from 1971 until 2011. Of course she was retired in late 80's so there was not tons of miles ever put on this car. I uploaded the only good photo I have of the car. I am planning a trip back to Montana in March where I can gather all the specific details on the car while I am up there. The car is being stored indoors at a storage facility.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Betsy.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	19545  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
1970, 4 door, hardtop, impala

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page