Howdy friends! - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Howdy friends!

Hi everyone! I'm Deanna, and I'm a total nerd. All about my fandoms, reading, and cooking & baking. I used to love working on cars with my older brother when I was a kid, and with my boyfriend in high school. My second husband said it wasn't very ladylike, which pinged all of my self esteem issues, and I hadn't touched a car since. He's gone, but with my car falling apart I started falling in love with car repair all over again. I'm looking into doing my first rebuild in 20 years. My dream rebuild is a 1967 Chevy Impala, 4-door, V8 (because Supernatural). Hope to get to know some of you crazy kids and pick up a little more knowledge along the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 10:55 AM

Welcome to the Team Deanna!

Never saw Supernatural but there are a lot of folks that are building this car.

Big Dave
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 01:42 PM

Welcome to the team Deanna!

So I take it you are looking for that project currently?

A lot of good info on what to look for and what to watch out for. 1967 was an interesting year for the impala. Should be able to find a pretty good budget friendly 4 door in a 67. Just have to be careful with the 4 doors to make sure you get some critical parts as the aftermarket for 67 isn't exactly booming the aftermarket generally concentrates more on 2 door cars making 67 4 door parts a scavenger hunt at times.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 04:04 PM

Like I said I never saw Supernatural, so I Googled the car.

?Supernatural? Impala is a big-block powered demon hunter | Driving

It is reported to be powered by a ZZ502 BBC, though in my experience only the hero car gets the proper power plant (though it could easily be passing off a 454 truck motor with 502 decals for the ZZ engine). The rest of the movie car fleet (there is never just one car) are powered by what ever is cheap to find in the bone yard if it is a stunt car (usually a 305 or a 350 SBC).

I also thought it was supposed to have a Mack bull dog on the hood but I don't see anything in this article; or maybe that was the Punishers's car (filmed in Tampa). I do like the fact that it is filmed in BC, so it will have gorgeous back grounds.

Since the big block was an option in 1967 a BBC will drop in and bolt up. Strongly recommend installing F40 (heavy duty) suspension parts. You can find these parts used under station wagons, police cars, and taxi cabs. The heavy duty parts will include disc brakes (four piston Girling calipers off of a Corvette), front sway bar, HD shocks, stiffer springs, and four control arms holding the rear end in place. These parts are only found from the factory specifically for police or taxi use in a four door sedan (police car will have "Certified" writen above the odometer on the speedometer's face).

Big Dave
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 06:11 PM
BA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannathegeek View Post
Hi everyone! I'm Deanna, and I'm a total nerd. All about my fandoms, reading, and cooking & baking. I used to love working on cars with my older brother when I was a kid, and with my boyfriend in high school. My second husband said it wasn't very ladylike, which pinged all of my self esteem issues, and I hadn't touched a car since. He's gone, but with my car falling apart I started falling in love with car repair all over again. I'm looking into doing my first rebuild in 20 years. My dream rebuild is a 1967 Chevy Impala, 4-door, V8 (because Supernatural). Hope to get to know some of you crazy kids and pick up a little more knowledge along the way.
Welcome to the site.
Glad to see that you are following your passion, there are plenty of ladies in the field, good thing you got rid of that narrow-minded boat anchor.
Have you seen or heard of the weekend car repair show called All Girls Garage? You'd probably like it. :-)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

HOW A NOVICE REBUILDS A 66 IMPALA CONVERTIBLE:
http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=1432
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Awesome article! Yeah, that's my dream car to rebuild, though I'm seeing more 2-doors than 4-doors. Part of me wants to hold out until I find my own Baby, but another part is telling me to cut my teeth on something accessible first, then I'll have better skills when I can finally get my hands on a 4-door.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page