Impala man - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 05:49 AM Thread Starter

Cool Impala man

Hello boys and girls.If I new that something likethis exist I would join long time ago.Luckly didn't have to much trouble wit my 2000 Impala,but even so little problems I had,have to do all by my self since over here only Chevy dealer is for European Chevy only(daewoo and some other crapp),they don't have clue about Impala's or diagnostic tools at all.So love you all and lokking forvard to some good advice from all of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 07:38 AM

Welcome to the site! There are lots of knowledgeable people in here to help you out.

Don't listen to me, what do I know? I've only been doing this for 30 years.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 09:05 AM

Welcome Vlado.

http://www.impalas.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=521&dateline=14693626  69

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 10:13 AM

Welcome to the Team Vlado!

You are going to have to buy your own diagnostic tools to work on the car (An OBD II reader and code resetter at the minimum). Everything about your car is computer controled (there are ovre seven different dedicated computers on board controling systems and sub systems). Close to twenty sensors on just the motor so you will need a multimeter as well. Good Luck!

Big Dave
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 04:05 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Big Dave,
You know, it is hustle to get something like that. I’m not really into buying scan tool just for this problem. I mean, car is starting and running without problems. So far I had fuel pressure regulator replaced(ordered from US $10),leak in power steering(had that fixed in spec.shop for $300) and some minor noises in suspension which I think is ether shocks or shock top mount bearing(metal squeaked noise over the fast bumps, but not every time).This is 10 years old car and have around 70 000 miles on it. Here driving conditions is the worst can get it, frequent start-stop, very high temps during summer time (115 degr.), and high hills. From city to coast is 50 miles in which you going from 20 feet above sea level up to 2500 feet and back down again. Not to mention that road is like crossing Smokey Mountain on 115 degr. Luckily, I had change brake pads only once and now I’m done for front discs change (overheated and rumbling little bit under heavy breaking)
So, thanks again for welcome note.

Ps; I used to live in Michigan in the ’90-s and move back home 2001(in case you may ask how came I drive Impala, which is by the way my wife’s car).I, on the other hand, brought back for me Corvette 2000,millennium edition, red, convertible which I sold in 2005 and regretted big time.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 04:10 AM Thread Starter

And thank you all for great welcome on this forum. So glad to be here. I may need all the help I can get from you.
Pardon my spelling if I make some mistakes,it has been long time since I write this much in English.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page