1967 427 Engine Ripped Off - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

1967 427 Engine Ripped Off

I purchased a 427 #351 casting number Engine in the Classified Ads on Impala.net and the seller decided to back out of the deal after cashing my bankdraft and not shipping the engine. The seller said he decided to keep the engine and he was going to mail back my money to Canada. The Ad is still active in the Classifeds and dates back to July 13th, What can I do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 02:31 AM

Send a message via MSN to Swedester
you should post up the "seller" info here,name,adress,phone etc. and hopefully someone knows this person and can help you resolve the situation.someone on here should be living close enough.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 07:05 AM
BA.

this is not uncommon across any Internet purchase. Hell, it's happened to me more than once. (different sites)

I'd gather what information you can, give them a reasonable amount of time to get the money back and then you make it more official with the Board Moderators if you do not receive your money back in a timely fashion.

Hopefully you also have email evidence of your conversations with the seller, and a bank draft receipt for the $$. It would have the sellers info on it, right?

Lastly, it sounds like our Mods need to follow up on that old ad. and remove it.
I hope you get your money back and that the ad. isn't a scam trap.

HOW A NOVICE REBUILDS A 66 IMPALA CONVERTIBLE:
http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=1432

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 09:05 AM

Get a real big gun and go hunt him down.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA. View Post

Lastly, it sounds like our Mods need to follow up on that old ad. and remove it.
I hope you get your money back and that the ad. isn't a scam trap.
It's Gone. My advise was to call the cops. If it is over $300 dollars it is theft by fraud which is a felony and has to be prosecuted. It is also a federal crime if you involved the US mail to exchange funds and the Feds can be involved 9though they are not going to want to play)

Big dave
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

I have well organizied evidence. The seller did send me a photo copy of a money gram purchased at Walmart and said he sent general mail. It has been two weeks today. Hopefully next week it will be in my mail.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

I have all information as you described. Seller sent me evidence of money gram today but he sent general mail. I will wait one more week.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 01:20 AM Thread Starter

Hello Dave, Just wanted to provide update that I did get most of my money back on 427 engine deal gone bad. It initially cost me $2600 Canadian to purchase $2500 US Currency at a 1.05 exchange rate back in August. When the funds arrived from seller recently the Canadian dollar strengthened almost to par with US so when I cashed out the money order I received $2475 Canadian. I lost $125 overall. Please note I initially sent funds to seller via US Express post an extra $15 but the envelope is trackable and fast. When the seller finally returned my funds he sent general mail and most noteably did not send to my address! Yes the seller sent the money order to the address of YRC Freight terminal Calgary, AB which was the selected destination where I would have picked up the engine had he followed through on the transaction. Yes the seller did have my correct address but was clearly wreckless, irresponsible, and did not even offer up common courtesy by sending in general mail. Please note it was only by luck of the draw I placed a telephone call to YRC Calgary and a delightful employee had the envelope in her desk and did not have a clue why it was sent to her. Needless to say I have kept all emails, bankdraft receipts, brokerage receipts and may still take legal action for breach of contract. I feel I must tell other members to beware of impala.net member "Kadidilhopper" from WV.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 12:58 PM

You are very lucky, and have provided an important lesson for many.

Two doors, four doors, wagons, and ragtops.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 03:28 PM

i hear ya, i bought some stuff from one of the impala houses and i got a bill on my credit card and havn't recieved anything other than their weekly spam email. i didn't spend the coin you did but its still disheartening. all i wanted was the white plastic thingys to install my hjeadlights and somehow two months later nothing.

canada custums are a bunch of jerks. i order stuff all the time and i get jacked up for duties no matter what. it doesn't metter of its cuban cigars or car parts, its all rough
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page