Russian guy soul's scream :) - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Russian guy soul's scream :)

Hi guys!

Greetings from cold Moscow, Russia!

I went through your forum and was shocked! You are lucky SOABs)) I love these cars much and dreaming to work with them, but in our country…not possible. New HEMi engine? Are you crazy, man?! Sandblasting (for example) ? What is it?! I know nobody in our city and area, any shops who can do sandblasting, and even if I know – it will be veeeery expensive. I don’ even talk about parts… I’m student of technical university and this summer I’ll finish. I have technical mind (if you now what I’m talking about),worked in a few shops (custom bikes and car audio&interior) and know how to work with most of instruments. I want to bild and restore great old cars, but I can’t. It’s really killing me! Dammit! So, own old alfa-romeo 146 ’98 (laid out for her about $4000 and she isn’t in good condition) and working with sales (sales manager, you know). Respect all of you and your cars! You’re doing great work! Sometimes it isn’t perfect enough)), but…

Sorry, but if I had not written this, my head might blow of). Thanks at least for the opportunity to read this forum.

Best regards, Boris.
P.S.: sorry if I made some mistakes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 01:40 PM

Welcome, glad you like the forum and hope you enjoy looking at all the posted pics... Stay warm.

' 61 Impala Sports Coupe
Visit my blog:
http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=2764
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 02:48 PM
BA.

Boris, welcome to the site man. I think your English writing skills are very good - better than some on here even!

Nice looking car that Alfa Romeo

HOW A NOVICE REBUILDS A 66 IMPALA CONVERTIBLE:
http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=1432

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 03:32 PM

A new guy from Russia that isn't a spammer? I am going to buy a lottery ticket!

Welcome

Two doors, four doors, wagons, and ragtops.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 05:18 PM

Welcome Boris. I was just on another forum talking about the popularity of our cars overseas. Seems many of our cars and parts are heading overseas. The economy in other country's are in better shape than ours and the exchange rate makes buying vintage cars and parts from us a good deal.

http://www.impalas.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=521&dateline=14693626  69
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 05:54 PM

Welcome Boris! Keep the faith something will come your way, until then we will try to keep it informative and fun in here.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 06:51 PM

Welcome to the Team Boris!

Your skills will always stand you in good stead. If you desire to work on old cars I am sure you will accomplish your goals. There are more in the US than any other country only because we built them not because they were as popular then as they are now. I can remember these things being destroyed one a week at the local figure eight race track for the entertainment of people who think watching car wrecks is entertaining.

I work daily with a man who used to live and work in Russia as an engineer, designing the suspension for the trucks that carried around all of those ICBM missles we (the US and the former USSR) are now shreading and reducing to scrap metal under treaty. So if he can get out with what he knows I am sure your desire to work on old iron may happen soon as well.

Big Dave
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 07:21 PM

Boris, all you have to do is fly to mexico, and sneek in...we would love to have you,we could use some good car guys
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

2Buggin58: thanks!
2BA.: unfortunately my alfa isn’t in such condition))
2jayoldschool: rofl, tnx!
2dadstoy: I was walking through the city today…and don’t understand what are you talking about))[IMG]file:///F:/DOCUME%7E1/Admin/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG] only unfetish rusty “buckets”
268imp: only faith keeps me standing on my legs)
2Big Dave: I hope so, thanks for your support!
2bf63imp: oh man, you kidding me? begin to accumulate cash!) (but I ‘m not sure my parents will clap their hands to this idea))

Thanks all for warm welcome! I didn’t expect such friendly guys!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 05:32 AM

You don´t need to go as far as the USA to get what you want...Here in Sweden and also norway and Denmark the culture of driving/living with old American cars are very popular!
On Power meet in Västerås we have over 10 000 cars from all over the world, even a couple of russian cars are there...

Stefan
www.photobucket.com/ss65 (The 65 Impala)
www.picturetrail.com/ss57 (Former cars and misc.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page