New guy with a 1964 impala - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

New guy with a 1964 impala

I have a chance to purchase a 1964 impala 2 door hardtop.Its in excellent shape all original AC, PS, bench seat,knee knocker tach,327 (300 hp) 4 spd on the floor,Im told its a SS clone whatever that means...
It runs great and only has some slight clutch slippage..
My only question is its value.I have found many sites that claim value is from 8,000 to 30,000.
Anyone with any insite as to its value even if its a rough value and is it worth 7,500

Thank from Ark
Tou have a great site here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 12:09 AM

If it is in the shape you say thats a good deal. I just bought a simular car but a real 64SS tho for $7825 last week. Mine needs paint and minor repairs.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 02:43 PM

welcome aboard

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 02:46 PM

It is worth what you are willing to pay for it. If you are buying it as an investment the stock market will provide a better return. I am curious as to how so many 1964 models have recently changed hands as about half of this board's members seem to own a '64. I think someone in China may be turning out 1964 Impala clones (I don't really think that, but the Chinese government is paranoid enough to believe any negative rumor about them).

Big Dave
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 04:42 PM

Thats is funny big Dave....Ah you rike my sixxy fo Impara???
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 06:17 PM

Actually there is a bit of truth to the clone theory. The Chinese government wants to be the leading manufacturer of automobiles in the world. Soooo like they always seem to do they went out and copied the number one makers product. It is now the most popular car in China called the Chery QQ (gee Chevy, Chery, Chevy Chery... hmm) it is based upon a car GM designed for the Chinese populous called the Spark.

http://www.snarksmith.com/essays/generalmotors.html

Need I say more. China is currently manufacturing 1969 Camaro's in hard top and convertible models, it has a 1968 hard top being brought to market and also makes a complete SBC from the raw materials and scrap iron it imports. (It also makes a 1967 Mustang but who wants to talk about FORDs). So how long before China starts making 1964 Impala clones? Only a market wanting parts will bring it to fruition.

Big Dave
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 08:10 PM

it will only go up in value! i spent 25 grand CAD for a 64 ss conv. project for the only reason it had no rust all original sheet metal. if u don;t care its not a true ss, i;d go for it if there isn;t major rust work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page