New Member needing advice - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

New Member needing advice

I just purchased a 65 Impala SS. Not a frame off restoration, but a clean numbers matching car. The interior has been redone and not to the original, in fact, I don't really like it!! It's a 327/300, 4-speed, factory air, power steering, and power brakes. The paint job is not the best either. What should I be looking at doing first to increase the value of this car?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 09:06 PM

Welcome to the Team Dan!

Well aside from gold plating it I know of no guaranteed return on investment. As to it being an SS not all Sport Coupes were SS cars, though in 1965 the SS package was a trim option only and did not include suspension or power train options; just chrome and bucket seats.

Your original interior trim and paint codes are stamped into your trim tag riveted to the fire wall on the passenger side. If you want to restore it to numbers matching chalk mark correct dated coded authenticity you begin there. If you want to restify it (fresh non-factory colored paint with disc brakes, heavy duty suspension, and an overdrive transmission, with a nice stereo) you can add what ever you like.

I am not the one to ask about restorations, or body work, as I'm and old hot rodder from way back; that uses a factory car as starting point to build what I think they should have thrown together when they had the chance. I am all about big motors and cars the can handle well on the street or track. Gas mileage and comfort take a back seat to performance with me (most of the cars I build average less than four miles to the gallon and that is with an overdrive transmission, but they all come close to flying which was an early passion of mine).

If you have any questions that are performance related (of a mechanical nature) just holler as I am a retired engineer who has been playing with Chevy's since the days of the stove bolt six.

Big Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page