New member here from Georgia - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

New member here from Georgia

Greetings, I have just gotten my first Chevrolet in many years (my last '65 Impala having been stolen in January, 1979). I have just gained a red Super Sport which needs some (but not much) work.

I am looking forward to participating in the forum, and to hearing about any car shows which may be upcoming in north Georgia.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 01:55 PM

Welcome to the Team Bruce!

So do you live on the I-75 side or the I-95 side of North Georgia (or do you split the difference and live near I-85). I've been all over these United States but I confess I do love the mountains over the sand bar that I live on.

Big Dave
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Big Dave. I live due east of Atlanta, nearer I-85 than either 75 or 95. Not near the mountains, sorry to say. Not many good roads around here. Hot, too.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 02:45 PM

So I assume you live somewhere off I-20 going toward Stone Mountain area which still puts you fairly close to Atlanta Sppedway in Commerce, GA which holds a national drag meet annually; and it host the Super Chevy Show (which is also a place to find car parts and parts cars in the car corral or the flea market that they set up), and Year One has an annual gathering there as well.

Big Dave
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Yes sir, I'm about 30 minutes from Braselton (Year One) and about an hour from Commerce. I have been to the Super Chevy shows at the Atlanta Dragway, but it's not there this year (in Pennsylvania I think). I know about a show at the Atlanta Speedway (Hampton) July 30, and I am looking forward to the Year One "Braselton Bash" on Sept 17, and I plan to bring the Impala to both. I hope to hear about other shows this summer and fall.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 08:44 AM

Hi Bruce!
I recognize you(mostly your car!) from Chevy Talk!
Welcome to Team Impala!
Lots of info and great people here.
There's also a swapmeet/car show @ Moultrie,Ga.every November and February.
It's big-held at the old airport.Most of the national vendors,used parts and cars/trucks for sale.
I usually go in Nov.
Also,we have Crusin' The Coast in October here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.Week long family friendly event.
You can enter the event or just cruise/park on the beach highway(State Hwy.90).
Thousands of classics of all brands.
Mike.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 10:52 AM

Well if you don't mind driving a bit there is the annual Turkey Trot held inside the Daytona Speedway every Thanksgiing through the rest of the weekend (but if you don't show up on Thanksgiving day all the good bargin's are gone). There are several thousand stalls with people selling anything and everything automotive.

Big Dave
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

I got pretty lucky on this one - the car really doesn't need anything (except side mirrors) and I need to fix the clock, that's about it. I definitely want to go to shows to meet people who can point out any details that need adjusting. I appreciate the good advice. Like I said, it's been a long while since I had a real car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page