New member from South Florida, 1967 - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

New member from South Florida, 1967

Hello! I recently purchased a 1967 Impala and joined the forum to take advantage of the knowledge base this forum provides while restoring my new baby. I will attempt to add a couple a recently taken pictures and will add more as I take them. The car is a 1967 two door, with (allegedly) the original 327 and two speed power glide transmission. The car features power brakes (drum) and power steering, but is a non A/C car. I'm thinking along the lines of a Vintage Air A/C system for a project next year. The paint/body and interior were re-done a few years back. The paint and body are ok , but will need attention in the next few years (it's a good twenty footer). Ralley wheels were added some time down the line, but for now I like they way they look. The car also has wheel skirts,but not sure if I will use them. I will also be getting the original air cleaner, intake, carb. and valve covers that were taken off the car. I look forward to researching this site and providing any information that I can when possible. Feel free to ask any questions and point out anything you see that sticks out in the pictures.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 09:27 AM

Welcome to the Team Steve!

Nice looking twenty footer! I'll bet it looks better than that. Agree with you on the chrome bling. And I wouldn't wait on the A/C as that is a necessity in South Florida. I would consider looking at converting over to factory air if you can find an original dash and all of the small parts (like the the A/C controls for the dash that aren't reproduced) from a donor parts car.

Big Dave
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 12:35 PM
BA.

great looking car Steve, welcome to the site.

HOW A NOVICE REBUILDS A 66 IMPALA CONVERTIBLE:
http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=1432

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 01:25 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Welcome to the site. Nice car.

If yours is 20-footer, than I have to downgrade mine to something like 50-footer :-)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011, 07:41 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for the warm welcome! The car does look very good in the pictures, but when you get closer there are quite a few imperfections in the paint and some wavy areas (right quarter). Some of the imperfections look like the sanding and polishing may have been rushed or not completed. I did find a fairly recent receipt for blue lacquer paint. I plan on doing a little research on color sanding and polishing to see if this can help the finish out and make it last a bit longer. In the mean time I will get her running properly and drive & enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page