new bow tie owner! 1964 Impala sedan! - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

new bow tie owner! 1964 Impala sedan!

Hi all, while I have posted questions recently (just joined last week), I figure I'd give a little description of what I have!

Found on Craigslist in Dedham MA, my dad and I bought a 1964 Impala Sedan! Nice light blue paint, but needs some work. Running and driving numbers matching 283/ 2 speed PG with 50K original miles. Matching blue interior in mint condition, the car runs great. The previous owner put on Flowmaster duals so it sounds great too! The 64 Impala has been my favorite car in existence ever since I can remember, (I'm only 17 now), but I am ecstatic that I can own my favorite car (I love all body styles) and I am happy I can own a part of the 60s.

My dad and I actually went and saw it one night and decided it needed to much work for the asking price, which was $5,500, but after a week the owner emailed us and said he'd lowered his asking, and that he would accept a reasonable offer! $4,000 later and it is ours!

The body is in very good condition with minimal bubbling down low, but needs some undercarriage rust repair (it sat outside for a winter, but was covered), it has some advanced surface rust. No rot. The front end also needs to be gone through due to front end clunk and tons of play in the steering wheel. Also, an aftermarket radio was installed, and thus an ugly black plastic antenna with it, which needs to go. No seat belts, we will put some in this winter.

Eventually, we are thinking about perhaps putting on a 4bbl carb, intake, slightly better cam, and some sort of HEI distributor! If my computer allows it, I will add some pictures!

Thanks everyone! Glad to be a part of the team, sorry for all the writing! (Just couldn't sum it up in a paragraph!) -Leo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Forgot to mention, a tree did hit it at one point in its life, but it only scratched the paint.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 07:59 AM

Good luck I got mine when I was 16 and I have since rebuilt the engine and upgraded the poweglide to a th350. Just take your time and do it right and you will be happy with it. I almost wish I had kept my 2 barrel on mine. I tried 3 different carbs before I put my edelbrock on it.

Belairdad
1964 Belair 4 door

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Hi, and thank you! How do you like the 350 in place of the 2spd? We're still just playing around with ideas, who knows what we'll actually do!
-Leo
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 07:16 PM

Leo if you want to post photos here is a link that tells you how to do it thanks to Philip a mod over on Team Nova.

http://www.impalas.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6028

Big dave
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 09:43 PM

I like it. It seems to accelerate better. But I had slot of trouble with powerglides. I put 4 in it before I decided to rebuild the 283 so that is why I went to the 350.

Belairdad
1964 Belair 4 door
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 11:18 PM
BA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonator134 View Post
Forgot to mention, a tree did hit it at one point in its life, but it only scratched the paint.
Welcome to the site Leo, ya gotta watch those tree's, they'll just jump right out in front of you like deer!

HOW A NOVICE REBUILDS A 66 IMPALA CONVERTIBLE:
http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=1432
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Okay i will try to post some pictures! I also have a walk around video on youtube that is uploading!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Hi all! Here's a video link to the 64!

Hope you enjoy! -Leo
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 10:32 AM

wow what a nice find! is that fan shroud attached to the radiator original?

I went from a 283 to a 350 - big difference! But I didn't have matching numbers so I wasn't too attached to the 283
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlSutton View Post
wow what a nice find! is that fan shroud attached to the radiator original?

I went from a 283 to a 350 - big difference! But I didn't have matching numbers so I wasn't too attached to the 283
That is the original style fan shroud for the 61-64 small block V8 cars, and it doesn't actually attach to the rad, but it bolts to the rad support in the same place as the rad.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 12:08 PM

Alright, another 64 4-door Sedan !

Looks good. Same interior colors I have, so it looks strange to see another exterior color showing while looking at the video

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1964 Impala 4 door sedan

My Bloggy Thing: http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=2285
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Yes! The original fan shroud indeed! Everything on/in the car is original but the radio and antenna.

I do love the interior, what a nice color combination.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page