new member - 65 ss hardtop - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

new member - 65 ss hardtop

Hello Folks- I happened to notice the link from team chevelle and just joined. Last time I looked for an impala forum all I found was a modern car site..
Glad to have found the site.
Last year I got my first Impala (I've had chevelles, el caminos and a camaro for 20+ years)- actually I bought a collection of Impala(s). The best is a 65 Super Sport 2 door hardtop, 327/glide, red with black top and white bucket interior. The others are a 65 SS parts car and a four door sedan. This is my first car ever with an auto-magic transmission (Uncle taught me not to trust those shiftless folks) so I'm calling it my wife's car. I have pulled the clutch pedal, z bar, etc from the four door just in case.
I've wanted a 65 SS for about as long as I remember just because my grandma got one in 67 with 18,000 miles on it from her neighbor and I vaguely remember it from being a kid (hers was a turquoise 327/glide car).
So, there it is- It's good to find Impala people that don't want to compare how big their wheels are! Thanks- fourspeed(Greg)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 06:34 PM

Welcome to the Team Greg!

Surprisingly a Chevelle is the only car model I have never owned (I've owned one, or more, of every Chevy marque made at one time or other, but I haven't found a good Chevelle to buy as of yet that I could afford). I work on my brother's 509 powered '68 Chevelle every now and then, but it isn't mine.

Big Dave
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Dave- I got lucky with my main Chevelle, it was my first car so I've had it for a while. I'd like to have another (68/69) but they've gone up in value quite a bit since then. A couple years ago I bought a 64 wagon (original 4 speed v-8 car) that I swapped a 454 into. I was like you only with Impalas though in that I've had tri5s, novas, camaros, chevelles, pickups, blazer, suburban (and a few other non Chevy)- now finally an impala.
It's at my body guy now but I'm itching to be working on it. I have a moderately built 327 and 700r4 that I've set aside for it. Should make for a comfy cruiser.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	64 malibu.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	2082  
Attached Images

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 09:46 PM

Welcome! Got any pics of the 65 ss?

1965 impala 2dr
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 11:17 PM
BA.

welcome to the site!

is that a Porsche in the 2nd pic? it wouldn't go bigger for me.

HOW A NOVICE REBUILDS A 66 IMPALA CONVERTIBLE:
http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=1432
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Here are a couple pics of the cars from when I bought them- not good pics, but.. You can see the sedan and a bit of the hardtop parts car too. That was before I got them home- now the red one is at the body shop. One fender from the sedan on it, small rust patches cut out and welded in already- body guy is complaining that below the back window there is a rust spot that he didn't know about (I'm having doubts about him if he didn't even see that).
Yes, the other small pic is my Porsche (1956 early A super). I know, I have a problem (I start feeling antsy if I have less than about ten cars).
Here's a small shot of my 68 suburban too-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	65 impalas 001.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	2099   Click image for larger version

Name:	65 impalas 007.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	2100   Click image for larger version

Name:	68 sub small pic.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	2101  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 06:31 PM

Hello and Welcome! Where in Wa are you from? I am in Spokane and have a 65' SS also! I am looking forward to seeing pics of yours and progress as well. Mine has a 327 powerglide too, and I have done a few things to make it more fun to drive!
-Nick

OCD Customs
My Wheels
Classic Nation car pictures.

1965 Impala SS
6.2L LSX with 4L80E, 3.73 Gears, Disc Brakes, Air Ride
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

Sorry for the slow reply Nick- harvest time get pretty busy so I haven't been on. I'm just outside of Yakima, but my wife is from Spokane. Her brother is a part owner at Rocky Rococco's pizza there and some other family still there.
Took the impala to a different paint shop today. Hope to be cruising in the spring with shiny paint- Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page