Hi there, new chevy owner here - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 05:46 AM Thread Starter

Hi there, new chevy owner here

I joined a while back and I guess I forgot about it. with that beiong said, Im 19 and my name is Brandon, I bought a 1964 4 door Impala back in febuary. I have always heard of people buying cars that have sat out in a field forever but didnt think it would ever happen to me. Back in febuary I was just looking a on craigslist for a project and couldnt find anything, until I changed the city over to the next major city to my far east,(I live in Lawrenceville, Ga so I was looking in the atlanta area) Athens. I found a 1964 Impala in a town called elberton. So I called the guy and we talked about the car and he mentioned it hadnt ran in a while, so I didnt think anything of it. But I call one of my friends and ask if he had that saturday free, he did and asked if I could use his trailor, followed by me explaining why, He was up for it. I couldnt sleep the rest of the week. That saturday came and I called the guy back and he told me his address(this is when I realized how far it was away from me) and after the conversation I looked it up and it was almost 100 miles away. Several hours later we are stranded in elberton because the adress the guy told me wasnt marked well, so me and my friend are go down several country roads(nothing but farms around) until we pass some bushes and through the bushes you could see what looked like the six tail lights of an Impala, so we back up and go down the dirt road to find the Impala. we get out and find an old man asking if I was the one coming to look at the Impala. I was so excited. I let my friend continue talking to the old man as I started looking at the Impala. It looked like hell, it had old dead vines wrapped around everything, 20 year old receipts everywhere. So I began talking the man and asked about how many years has it been since the car actually ran. He said about 16 years, and asked if he could even crank it, he said no bacause the starter was stuck he also added that he didnt want to crush it because it was (in his younger age)important to him and thought someone else younger would be happy with it. I was already stuck on getting this car, but before I had agreed to buy it, I opened the hood and hand turned the engine(I wanted to see if it was stuck). I made my decision, I bought it. we loaded it up onto the trailer and left. I traveled almost 200 miles that day just for this car. But now I have it in running and driving(and stopping after having to replace every wheel cylinder and brake pad) condition. Still, I have a lot of bugs to work out though. And I hope I have more luck with this forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 08:27 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

That's a great story. Welcome to the site Brandon.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 11:04 AM

Sounds like a great find, since most feild cars in the southeast don't have floors or trunks due to all the rain we get. I'd take a barn find over a feild car any day for that reason.

Big Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page