Greetings! From Albuquerque New Mexico - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-24-2011, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Greetings! From Albuquerque New Mexico

Greetings from Albuquerque New Mexico!
New to the website and hoping to gain vast amounts of knowledge from the many seasoned veterans of all things Impala! I have spent quite a bit of time going over old posts and have already learned a great deal about things I didn't even know I knew nothing about!

I have a clean, Janesville WI built, 1966 Chevy Impala Sports Coupe with the original power glide. Since I bought it, I have put in a brand new top-to-bottom, mildly built 350 with Blazer cam, Camel hump heads with a massive Aluminum radiator and coolers for everything that holds fluid (except window washer). Here in ABQ it gets quite hot and the priority was to keep it cool and keep it smooth.

As I make my way through the car from bumper to bumper the goal is to fix what needs fixing, upgrading where affordable and logical to turn this big old girl back into a daily driver that is as dependable as it is cool, and as comfortable as it is massive enough to put the whole fam damily into for an extended cruise!

Crazy? I guess so. But hey, these are the kinds of cars I grew up on and it's what brings a smile on my face when I drive it - no matter what.

My justification was that if I could build the car I love for under eight grand, why would I spend 15 to 20 grand on a new commuter? Sure it gets good gas milage- but if I can tweak this car's fuel economy and my driving habits to come within an acceptable expense/milage range, wouldn't a be WAY better off financially and spiritually?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 01:34 AM

Welcome to the Team David!

Big Dave
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 07:08 PM

Welcome! While I live in MA now, I was born in Santa Fe! Greetings!! VIVA NM!

-Leo

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 08:38 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Welcome to the site. You will be very happy once your Impala is a daily driver. It is not a crazy idea at all otherwise I would also be a crazy guy :-) Once you start driving the car daily, you will get a lot of attention everywhere you go from people stopping at the intersection to look at your car to some old guys at the gas stations telling you that they had Impala like that 30 years ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page