Give Me Your Opinion On This Car Please - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Give Me Your Opinion On This Car Please

I know it is not a real SS. http://www.flemingsultimategarage.co...ing-c-1535.htm Thank You
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 04:22 PM

I don't see any calipers on those fake rotors. They look like plates behind the fancy wheels that are covering drum brakes. Nice looking car but without seeing pictures of the undercarriage it's hard to appraise. As I can see, I'd say $26,900 is pretty high. My guess would be closer to $20,000 even. That's my opinion only. I'm not a professional appraiser. As they say; "A car is worth what you can get for it". It is a really nice looking Impala!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for pointing that out about those missing calipers. If that is true it is a sinn to advertise that way.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 06:36 PM

Those "drum covers" are pretty neat though and probably look a little better with smaller wheels. The Camaro console and horse shoe shifter looks surprisingly in ratio with the interior by pics.
Hard to pin a price though. Depending if its needing quick sell...15 -18 all day. Nicely put together.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 06:37 PM

In the fourth from last photo you can see the front drums. So no disc brakes powered or otherwise.

In buying any car of this vintage you need an on site visual inspection and with a lot of time seeing if a refrigerator magnet sticks every where on that shinny gun metal grey paint. Rust is your biggest enemy and it hides all by itself without any help from people that can spray paint but don't know if a car has disc brakes or not.

Big Dave

Last edited by Big Dave; 11-18-2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Left the word "magnet" out which makes a silly sentance
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 11:53 AM

The way they're advertising it and something about the car give me a feeling that something is off. It looks good, but I somehow expect that it might not be as good underneath that shiny paint and bright chrome. Hopefully i'm wrong. It's best to check it out thoroughly if you're serious about it.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Can Anyone In This Area Take A Look At This Car?

I told the dealer that I would talk about an offer only if they installed a New Disc Brake Kit on the front and added a New AC System to the car. That would be necessary for that price or close to it. They told me they already had over $7000 in the car in new bumpers,bezels,andemblems. I am pretty sure those items don't cost nearly that much. Anyways if there is a member that I can trust that lives close to that Dealership could you let me know if someone who knows these cars car take a good look at it for me. A check of the engine,for rust, underneath,maybe even some pics. Without letting them know it is for another member. Thanks Please Let Me Know
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 08:53 AM

I would sincerely pass on that.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

I agree and will pass onn that. A lot of smoke and mirrors there perhaps. Could find a much better Impala for that price. Thanks
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 05:39 PM

Way too much money for this car man.... For almost 30 grand, you can get a much nicer car. Keep looking, be selective, don't rush in to anything. There are a ton of people on this site that can give good advice so you don't get steered in the wrong direction. 30 k can buy you much more, good luck!
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 06:17 PM

if they are asking that much money for that year, then I'm not asking enough for my perfect 63 2dr HT....the dealer is off his rocker
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 06:55 PM

I agree with the other comments, high $ teens or even low 20Ks may be reasonable if the undercarriage and other common rust areas check out. Does the dealer have any pictures of the rebuild/restore progress. This may help you find out how thorough the work is. One thing is making it look pretty and shiny, another is constructing a clean solid car. If '67 is the year your looking for, $30K should buy you a well documented solid hardtop. Good Luck!

' 61 Impala Sports Coupe
Visit my blog:
http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=2764
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page