New Member: '67 Impala - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

New Member: '67 Impala

I'm glad I finally found a site with useful information about Impalas. I am the proud owner if two classic Chevrolets. I have a '67 2 door Impala, and I have a '62 4 door Impala. They are both in really good shape, but do need work because they have been sitting in a warehouse for the past 20 years. Both were given to me by my grandfather, so they have a lot of sentimental value, and I would like nothing more than to see them back on the road.

Here's the story about the '67. My grandfather bought the car from its original owner in 1985. My grandmother drove it until 1994 when the engine blew a head gasket and no one had time to fix it. In the meantime, I was born and fell in love with the car at a very young age. In 2006 I pulled it out of the shop and pulled the engine (now locked up tight) and replaced it with a 283 out of a parts car we had. I rebuilt all four brakes and little odds and ends, and drove it off and on during high school. In 2007 I rebuilt a 327 out of a '66 chevy pickup and put it in there. I drove it for a while and it has been sitting for 18 months now. My next thing is rebuilding the th 400 transmission in it, along with the used quadrajet I just bought for it. Interestingly enough, the factory air conditioner still worked last time I had it running.

My '62 is a whole other story. My grandfather bought it brand new in '62 from the dealership in my town. He custom ordered from the factory. Since Chevrolet was turning 50 years old that year, he got the limited edition anniversary gold color. He babied the car from day one, and currently it has little to no rust on the body. Its on its second engine and third transmission. My grandfather once told be he estimates the body to have over 250,000 miles on it....so other things are out. Currently it needs a fuel tank, windshield wiper motor, brakes (they were rebuilt about ten years ago, but due to lack of funds its been sitting and they went bad again), and the whole ignition system. Oh, and the car is a 327 with a two speed powerglide.

I'm joining this website in hopes of getting advice and information to get these cars back where they belong, back on the road. I have spent hour on top of hour working on them, so I have a little knowledge and will be happy to share where I can.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blue goose 027.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	2199   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0171.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	2200  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 10:30 PM

Welcome! Looks like you have a great pair of Impalas.

'69 Impala 4-door hardtop
'70 Impala Custom coupe
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 02:07 PM
BA.

Nice rides mate!

Welcome to the site!

HOW A NOVICE REBUILDS A 66 IMPALA CONVERTIBLE:
http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=1432

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 05:53 PM

A double welcome to the Team Stayton!

Big Dave
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 06:24 PM

Welcome aboard!

Frame up restoration of 1967 Impala in progress
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 01:02 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Welcome.....nice cars!

Kevin

'63 Impala SS 409/425 owned since '71
'64 Impala SS 327/300 factory 4sp p/s p/b air
'66 Impala 327/275 glide 2dr/hdtp
'66 Belair Wagon 283 700R4
'62 Impala 350/350 dual quad th350 2dr/hdtp
'00 Camaro SS 6sp hurst SLP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page