New Member looking for a NEW RIDE!! - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

New Member looking for a NEW RIDE!!

Hello from Canada!!!!!......Always wanted to buy an "Impala Convertible" so I am actively looking for any..
*'61 up to '70
*prefer a #'s matching #1 or #2 Condition '65 or '70 but will listen to any and all available.
*I can spend up to $30,000 Yankee $$$$.....
*I am a Northern guy so must be an ORIGINAL BODY Conv......never any rust issues.....just seen too many and way too costly to fix these days. Nice ORIG, SURVIVOR Conv would be especially nice.
*6 cyl or V8 Bench seat car ok, auto or stick trans ok too!!

Thanks for letting me join this 'Very Kool' Impala site and looking forward to hearing from anyone who may have a Conv for sale.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 05:12 PM

Welcome!

76/77 Habs almost swept the season if I recall correctly. Some pretty good names that Dryden had infront of him that year. Easy to be a fan of that team. I recall the series, I think they beat the Bruins in 4 straight.

You should be able to easily fill your needs for an Impala Convert. Don't be in too much of a hurry. There are a few gems out there but there are lots of dogs also so be careful. If you want #matching you need to do your homework, the real ones are still bringing good money. Enjoy the hunt. Post info on this site and we can help you sort them out.

64 Impala SS 327/300 survivor
67 Impala SS 327 triple black hardtop
67 Impala Bench Seat 4 speed
http://craigaacars.shutterfly.com/pictures
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 05:55 PM

Welcome to the Team Larry!

I would start scheduling your vacations so you can tour the cities of the beautiful desert Southwest of America. You have to have water to get rust, and the desert is usually missing it most of the time. You will probably need two of them as the desert southwest is great for finding rust free tin, but the sun is murder on interiors and cloth tops so you will need another car for those parts or accept repop house offerings which have spotty quality, and never have the one small part the you need to fit your car when you need it (but it is on back order and should be here just as soon as they document enough interest in the missing part to find the venture capital to pay to design one, source out the tooling, and begin production).

Big Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page