Hey everyone! - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 04:13 AM Thread Starter

Hey everyone!

new here and figured id say hi..my names mikey..im 19 and going to FIDM for graphic design and im from southern california, rancho cucamonga to be exact..usually one of the younger guys in any car group but hey..gotta start somewhere..heres what i got
my 66 impala..my greatgrandma was the original owner back in 66, drove it off the chevy lot handed it down to me last year for my 18th bday..completely stock (for now ) with the exception of a 350..she blew out the 283 haha here it is!

future plans are to go for a sort of pro touring stance on everything..including but not limited too..
LSX powerplant
T56
Stiffer/Lower springs
bushings
exhaust (duh)
other little things here and there im sure

heres my current DD/auto-x'er
my 89 trans am
5.7 350 TPI..700R4..toooo many suspension mods to say..but its fully built and setup for auto-x..1 3/4 primary headers..3 inch exhaust to dual cats to magnaflow muffler..custom CAI and yeahh check it out
latest picture

looking forward to getting to know everyone!
-Mikey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 08:20 AM

Welcome to the Team Mickey!

There have been many LS-x trans plants. I suggest an LS-3 6.2 liter short block out of a three quarter ton pick up or Suburban and bolt on the top end (the heads, intake and all front accessories) off of a Cadillac car. You will need the oil pan and oil pump pick up off of a Camaro to get it to fit and even then you will have to cut and box the front cross-member.

With a fully complete car in this condition I strongly advise that you save any parts you remove (including that section of the front cross-member) so that at some later date you can put it all back to just the way it is now only with new replacement parts to make it as it was when it left the factory). I realize you are living in an apartment but you will need to retain a storage unit (might as well lease a drive in one bay garage and park your car there as well) to save these parts for when you bend under the pressure to restore her. These parts are very rare and getting harder to find daily. If you don't save them now you will regret it later.

Big Dave
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 09:05 AM

Welcome to te site. Very cool on the hand me down. I always thought it would be cool to get a car like tht. Having already done an LS swap I warn you it can be a tedious project so get your ducks in a row first it would be a shame for that car to become a dead pproject. Btw when I get my arm out of this cast I will be putting an LS1 in my 60 so maybe we can serve as eachothers inspiration. Lol

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 01:41 PM

Welcome, and nice '66! I was going to start off with the "you're still young, don't do modifications that can't be reversed" thing, but then I recognized you from TGO and realized advice like that won't be needed. Looking forward to seeing a nice build!

'69 Impala 4-door hardtop
'70 Impala Custom coupe
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 07:41 PM
BA.

Sharp looking pair of cars there Mikey - welcome to the site!

HOW A NOVICE REBUILDS A 66 IMPALA CONVERTIBLE:
http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=1432
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

thanks for all the kind words guys..trust, i know what im doing 90% of the time :P and when i dont, i come to the boards..

@Big Dave, i dont live in an apartment have my own place haha..there wont be any sort of restoration..more of a resto-mod for pro-touring..i could really care less about keeping it stock and reselling it, its not going anywhere

thanks guys!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page