64 - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy 64

hello i am not a first time Impala owner but have not had one in years, i have a freind who had this car and needed it gone. i had never seen the car but figured how bad could it be.so i went and picked it up. the good, 64 two door, 56000 miles 283, 3 speed, perfect glass , clear plastic still on seats, good head liner, 80% of the chrome is good, top ,hood and trunk good, tinkered with it when i got it home and got it running and drove it around the yard. The Bad, floors rotted out and the frame is shot. i know i can buy a fairly nice car for what it would cost to bring this one back. its to bad but i will probubly have to part this one out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 01:11 PM
BA.

good to have ya Randy.

sounds like someone handy with a welder would see that one as a real gem to fix.

HOW A NOVICE REBUILDS A 66 IMPALA CONVERTIBLE:
http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=1432
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 01:24 PM

I agree with BA. Floor pan and rocker could be an easy fix for someone. Do you have any pics???

' 61 Impala Sports Coupe
Visit my blog:
http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=2764

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 03:02 PM

Buy a frame and fix the floors. Swapping a frame sounds scary but its really not a bad job. Plus this way you can rebuild everything before you slide it under the car.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 04:38 PM

Welcome to the Team Randy!

I tend to agree a parts car will bring your other car back to life. You may want to go out into the desert southwest and look for a body that is rust free but has no paint or interior and all plastic has turned to dust due to the sun baking the car. But the sheet metal will be good. Put the two cars together and sell what is left for what you paid for the parts car.

Big Dave
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

re 64

i agree with big dave , the best way to do this car would be getting another car fom out west to build a good one. this car is rusted from the door chrome down. i have done frame swaps in the past and have done body work for years. the money it woukld take to save this one would be better spent on a nice car. i will try and post some pics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page