Hi,my name is Jim - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Hi,my name is Jim

and I just joined this group as I am buying a 63 Biscayne. It is a project car that someone was starting to go through and then lost heart with it when some kids busted the windows out of it.
My everyday job is being an automotive tech. I work for an automotive wholesaler and we go through 1500 vehicles a year. I am the manager of the shop and i have 4 guys working with me. I also own a shop in Jackson and have 3 guys over there. My stepson runs it for me while I am here.
I have several projects going at the same time. i love old cars and trucks. I found this Biscayne the other day when a guy who was working on the sewer line at the shop mentioned he had a few cars sitting around. I am a sucker when it comes to hearing about old cars and trucks and would like to save them all. Anyway,he was talking about scrapping these cars. I told him not to do that and I would take them. There is the Biscayne,69 Road Runner,54 Chevy panel that he thinks was a hearse and a couple of Hudson Hornets. I can not keep them all but will find someone who will take them and put them back together. The Biscayne on the other hand is all me. I am not sure yet which engine I will use as i have a 327 and a 454 that I could use.
I will be looking forward to getting into this car and I will be reading through alot of threads on here as well. Not to mention I will need parts. I am a working man and thus,have a working man's budget (read-nonexistent) so i am always looking for a great deal,whether it is cash or trading,ect
Thank you in advance Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 10:40 AM
BA.

Welcome to the site Jim.

Sounds like that guy has some interesting cars there for sure! Good luck on the Biscayne!

Send me a message if that Road Runner needs a good home!

HOW A NOVICE REBUILDS A 66 IMPALA CONVERTIBLE:
http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=1432
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 12:12 PM

I'd like to hear more about the 54panel

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

LOL I know what you mean. That is the same reaction that i had when Jeff was telling me what he had and wanted to let go. I have a few projects of my own and may have to pass those 2 on (my son had his ears up as well).
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 01:50 PM

Welcome! Photos!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 05:17 PM

Welcome to the Team Jim!

Well it could have served as a hearse in the deep south. Maybe Jeff Foxworthy and company might take it on as project for their comedy road show.

Big Dave
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 09:24 AM

Hi and welcome to the site sounds like a great find some pic would be nice cheers

pacey from Australia
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 09:58 AM

Welcome aboard! As a hot rod shop owner myself, I get to be the home for wayward projects myself. I know how that goes. I have three "done" and three waiting. Good luck with the build!

Don't listen to me, what do I know? I've only been doing this for 30 years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page