Finally I own my dream car... - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Finally I own my dream car...

My names Miguel and I recently purchased my first chevy impala! I've wanted a 64 ever since I was about 10 years old, and I finally have one. I purchased this car off of eBay, it has all matching numbers. It's going to be a restoration project but I think I have a pretty good starter car!! Here's a few pics...

Little background on the car, the gentleman I purchased the car off of found it in an old barn. Apparently the car had been sitting for about 35 years or so, it has a PA state inspection sticker on from 1977 still. The odometer reads about 30,xxx miles, the car could have turned over HOWEVER all the seats show no sign of wear other than a split in the middle from sitting and the pedals and carpet below the pedals are in amazing condition! If anyone knows how I can find more info on this car please let me know. I would love to find out more info on this beast!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 10:36 PM

Welcome to the Team Miguel!

PA DOT will have records of registered owners. It will require a lot of letters inquiring about former owners to track down it's history. Don't be surprise if the trail goes cold as it had to be parked at some point without any registration.

Those old Cragar SS wheels are in pretty good shape. So I doubt if it saw a lot of salted roads. The aluminum hubs (spokes) blister and peel off the chrome once they start to corrode.

Big Dave
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012, 03:07 AM

congrats. i too am new here with a love for the 64. good luck and welcome

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012, 09:06 AM
BA.

I think that's a great looking car to work on. The body looks mostly straight which should save you time & money in the end.

Congrats man!

HOW A NOVICE REBUILDS A 66 IMPALA CONVERTIBLE:
http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=1432
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
Welcome to the Team Miguel!

PA DOT will have records of registered owners. It will require a lot of letters inquiring about former owners to track down it's history. Don't be surprise if the trail goes cold as it had to be parked at some point without any registration.

Those old Cragar SS wheels are in pretty good shape. So I doubt if it saw a lot of salted roads. The aluminum hubs (spokes) blister and peel off the chrome once they start to corrode.

Big Dave
Thanks Big Dave!! I'll definitely have to look into getting that info, I'll keep you guys posted on my findings

The Cragers weren't actually the original wheels on the car when it was found, it had the original old rusty wheels and the tires were so flat they stood up on their own, I think 2 of them are old snow tires.I'll post up some of the very first pics so you can see!

Well I can't post them up because of the server I'm on now, but I'll get em up later on tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozo View Post
congrats. i too am new here with a love for the 64. good luck and welcome
Thanks man! Might sound weird but sometimes I'll just go out in the garage and sit and stare at the car for a while LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA. View Post
I think that's a great looking car to work on. The body looks mostly straight which should save you time & money in the end.

Congrats man!
Thanks!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Here's some more!

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012, 11:28 AM

Looks like a '55 I found in barn back in 1967. It was beneath a hay loft where chickens had been roosting for years. There car was covered in four inches of chicken droppings and feathers (thankfully the '55 was a 150 2 dr sedan Belair and not a rag top). Car was virtually brand new once I cleaned it up. That was the second most valuable car I ever owned and wished I still had it.

Big Dave
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
Looks like a '55 I found in barn back in 1967. It was beneath a hay loft where chickens had been roosting for years. There car was covered in four inches of chicken droppings and feathers (thankfully the '55 was a 150 2 dr sedan Belair and not a rag top). Car was virtually brand new once I cleaned it up. That was the second most valuable car I ever owned and wished I still had it.

Big Dave
What's the most valuable?!?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012, 11:34 PM

Welcome to the dream. My Impala was sitting pretty much as yours. I made a call to Minnesota DOT and my vin was not part of the computerized records so they sent me a letter to present to my state DOT to help with the ownership transfer.
Good luck on your project.

Frame up restoration of 1967 Impala in progress
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 07:18 AM

Looks as though you found a very restoreable Impala. We found a 67 Impala that sat in a garage in Dayton, Ohio for 25 Years. Those old cars are still out there waiting to be found.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RO_Impala67 View Post
Welcome to the dream. My Impala was sitting pretty much as yours. I made a call to Minnesota DOT and my vin was not part of the computerized records so they sent me a letter to present to my state DOT to help with the ownership transfer.
Good luck on your project.
Thanks man! I have another build I'm finishing up now, I can't wait to really tear into this one..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadstoy View Post
Looks as though you found a very restoreable Impala. We found a 67 Impala that sat in a garage in Dayton, Ohio for 25 Years. Those old cars are still out there waiting to be found.
I know! I would love to come across a barn find sometime, preferable a 61
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 07:32 PM

Interesting cooling system/PCV system that car has

Looks like a great car to bring back to the road!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1964 Impala 4 door sedan

My Bloggy Thing: http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=2285
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page