New Guy from AZ 4 door Sport Sedan - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

New Guy from AZ 4 door Sport Sedan

Just bought a 1968 4 door sport sedan with number matching 327 HF 275 engine, it was restored about 20 years ago...and in need of a lot of TLC... I was 18 years old when this model came out...and my dad had one like it, and I drove it all summer and what a summer of fun I had with my friends taking it over to the beach (in Santa Cruz California, gas was about .25 for the best and .17 a gallon for regular! )... that was the summer before I was drafted in 69 and reported to Fort Ord...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 06:08 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Welcome to the team. Congrats on the car. Where are the pix? I too have a '68 4-door that I'm currently working on.

Thanks for your service.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1968 Impala 4-door fastback

http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?b=217
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 06:37 PM

Welcome to the Team Joe!

My parents also owned an Ermine white 1968 Caprice four door sport coupe with a 350 horse 327 engine under the hood, along with 15 inch rally wheels, disc brakes and it came with a 9C1 package as it was supposed to be the police chief's car for the City of Clearwater.

The city council for Clearwater vetoed paying for the added expense so the car went back to dealer. He was offered the choice of keeping his job if he paid for the car out of his pocket, or retiring which he chose. My dad bought it from the dealership as no one else wanted a luxury car with a high lift cam and a marked police speedo.

Big Dave

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

I am trying to figure out how to do the upload on photos think I might have got it...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5Ec5H55M63K43J73H7c6o39f50af5060d1625.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	2609   Click image for larger version

Name:	5Nd5L85H43L13M13I9c6o6d64b25b23481d03.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	2610  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

I just got all of the tune up things today, of course it is storming like a big dog today...and just two days ago it was 124 in the sun...ah well there is always tomorrow...being retired there is always another day...Kinda hope this project will keep me from going stir crazy...just finished a 86 Elky SS (but I don't know how they can call it an SS with a 305) must be them fancy decals...LOL...my wife and I moved to our retirement place here in AZ from the Bay Area in CA...hot as heck here...but I got a big garage here in the trade off ... with great people salt of the earth type here with and a lot of time, on my hands sooo she will be done from ground up...
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 09:19 PM

At a 124 in the shade I hope that shop is refrigerated with a lot of insulation and has a silver or white roof.

It hardly ever gets above 94-98 here but with the humidity pushing 78% to 84% in the sumer months the feels like temperature can easily go into the triple digits. But everything here building wise has A/C to keep mold from growing in our sauna like environment.

I just wonder how those Spanish conquistadors survived walking through the swaps in full plate mail armour back in the 17th century while looking for the Fountain of Youth (darn sure wasn't any gold here to find, as everything is either sand or peat bog).

Big Dave
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

that's 124 in the Sun...ah shade is 118...LOL....everything is air conditioned, even the garage...and I am lucky enough that the 68 Impala has original, cold blowing air...it is so nice to be able to work on a car that has no ECM or electronics...just an AM radio!...one forgets how easy it was back then...when was going to high school I worked at a Richfield gas station on the graveyard shift and after school just so I could use the car lift to work on an old 59 Chevy wagon I had...the owner of the station was "cool" he would let you work on your own car as long as when you heard the ding of the station's driveway bell...you would run out and pump the gas and check the oil and water of the customer...what a deference now, kids don't work in real gas stations, (probly against some law) hell they don't even have auto shop in school anymore!...oh well I ramble on like an old man...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 12:25 AM

Congrats on the 68! Just got me a 68 4 door sedan and love it!
Have since replace non working trans, new battery, new tires and steel cragar wheels. Love the car! Just added 2.5' dual exhaust with flowmasters and love car even more!
Have fun with your car and enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page