70 Turquoise Impala custom coupe vinyl top colors - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

70 Turquoise Impala custom coupe vinyl top colors

I picked up a nice well maintained and restored 70 custom coupe that has turquoise exterior along with the typical matching turquoise interior that has a vinyl top. This one has a willow green colored top, not the medium or the dark green, was this color offered in 1970 or a replacement somewhere down the road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 08:40 PM

Welcome to the Team CG!

Big Dave
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 09:17 PM

Post your trim tag data off the firewall. That will tell you.

Two doors, four doors, wagons, and ragtops.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

St 70-16447

tr 844

dc 21651 bdy

34 b pnt It appears this line is saying the car was painted Misty Turquoise and the vinyl top was Black

06c Far as I can tell this is saying the car was made in during the 3rd week of June. Since the car was first registered 8-29-1970 as recorded on the original "Protect Plate" warranty document.

The owners kept the original data processing card (for those people who remember the old days when computer data was key-punched into a rectangle card for processing) It is called a GM "In Transit" card and shows the car was shipped from the South Gate GM plant at 2700 Tweedy BLVD. So it appears between the time it left the plant and was purchased was about 2 months and this was a late near change-over 70 Impala

Last edited by 49Stude63; 09-29-2012 at 12:35 PM. Reason: added data
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 07:48 AM

Welcome CG.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

The previous owner had to part with it because of the economy and I felt I got it at a good price. I will post some pictures of it sometime this weekend. The outside has been repainted (very professional job) and the seats have been recovered with oem style replacements, the door panels, headliner are in fantastic shape. The carpet is ok but I will end up replacing so that it is as nice as the rest of the interior. It was originally a 350 2bbl with a turbo 350 trans with factory air, power brakes and power steering and an AM radio. It has ~85K on it and the odometer does not show the signs of 100K rollover, he rebuilt the engine at 30 over with a 490 lift cam with roller tip rockers, headers and Eldebrock manifold with matching 4bbl carb w/o elec choke. It was originally a California car that was purchased from one of the heirs of the original owner in 2005 and headed to the south so there is no rot, rust through or replacement panels.

Off the wall the only shortcomings is that I think the original trans/converter was put back in and with the engine build in it and the stall rpm is too low and when sitting at redlights the engine is fighting the brakes. I will probably go with a 200R4 with a 2200-2500 rpm stall converter in it at some later date. With the engine build and cam it does have a wonderful womp womp idle. I am working on getting the package shelf re-dye/painted along with a non-cracked front pad that is for a factory air version.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

Here is a shot of the car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page