New To Impala Forum - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 06:21 AM Thread Starter

New To Impala Forum

As I'm close to receiving my dear friend's 1963 Impala SS Convertible, I thought I'd do a little research and found this site. I've admired this car since I first saw his "baby" in 1973, while working with him. Then it was near like new, but has been sitting inside since about early 1980s. It was his first new car, and I've always offered to buy it, now it appears he's about to let me have it. While I have restored a '64 Vette years ago, I'm enjoying reading of all your projects and pretty excited about getting this car back on the road. Will update you when I get it....as soon as warmer weather gets here.
3/29/13 update: I might not be as "close" as I thought. Saw a "bit" of the car today. It is in a garage "packed full" of stuff. Even a '73 Rivera beside it, and a '73 pickup outside in front (along with truckloads of scrap metal). Could see the hood, grill, and engine compartment of the '63 SS. Of coarse all tires are flat (both cars), and trim is corroded, but the front bumper looked like it could clean up. No clue from the front fenders back, however the top appears to be in one piece. Realize now that will be a lot easier making room in my garage, than getting it out in the sun again. At least I know there is no rush on my part, but so excited to get it here, to start on. Maybe I'll buy some manuals to occupy me till I can move it.

Last edited by fuzzi4844; 03-29-2013 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Update
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 08:45 AM

Great to have you. Welcome to the forum.
Let me know if we can be of any assistance to you in restoring your '63 Impala. We've been in the business for nearly 40 years helping people like yourself restore their classic Chevrolets. You can send a question to us in various ways, via this forum, email ([email protected], phone 407.886.1963, or check us out on our website at www.southeastchevyparts.com. We've got a number of parts for the SS online, but we also have trailers full of good used parts.

James

Southeast Chevy Parts has been providing quality original used and restored full-size Chevy parts for over 30 years.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 10:36 AM

63 SS convertible. It doesnt get much netter than that unless it is a 4 speed to.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 01:53 PM

Welcome to the Team Randy!

Big Dave
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 04:44 PM

Welcome Randy from another Buckeye.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 06:35 AM Thread Starter

The '63 SS IS a 4 speed, 300 HP! Can't wait to get it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page