Ashamed,... - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Ashamed,...

Hey gentlemen,

Partially ashamed of just now joining, but what can I say. I like Impalas, and I felt this was the proper thing to do since I wanted to alert you of a car I'm trying to sell for my father-in-law.

Right now my activity may be short lived, as I currently don't own an Impala, but am trying to help my fahter in law sell a 1965 SS396 Impala. It's on ebay at the moment. I would like to have it, but too many projects for me at the moment. I own two 70 chevelles that have been in stages of restoration for the past 20 years.

I fell like this car would be a good one to start with, and deserves a good home. I know you folks on this website appreciate a good Impala, just like me.

Where would I post the link to the ad without being reprimanded? I prefer not to break the rules and get started off on the wrong foot. I don't see a FWIW (For What It's Worth) category like they have on Team Chevelle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 04:03 PM

Welcome to the Team Joe!

We have a classified section but that is about all we have. As noted, we don't have a classified section in the forums for me to transfer ads into like the other boards do, nor do we have a "What it is worth" section. This is because we were a small board started by the original owner more to give me a place to talk about big cars. He has since sold his interest in the board. It has changed hands again since then after that first sale evolving from a hobby board into a commercial enterprise.

So long as you are not trying to sell full time you are welcome to post here.

As to the inevitable requests for pictures, this board has even tighter restrictions on picture size and number than the bigger boards do unless you actually buy an upgraded membership. We do however accept links so everyone uses PhotoBucket or a similar photo sharing site.

Big Dave
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for the welcome Dave, and I appreciate the advice. I'm just a old country boy that likes muscle cars. I know you guys will like this Impala. The link to the ebay auction is below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SS-39...orcev4exp=true

I tried to research the options as best I could. Please read the ad if you have time, and let me know if I've misrepresented something. The folks on Team Chevelle seem to think that is one of the first few big blocks out of GM. 65 was the first year, and they say Feb was the first month. Evidently the number on the engine set them off.

Y 202289 102I7 IV

Again, appreciate the welcome.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 04:58 PM

Nice Impala, Welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page