Hey guys. New to the site. - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 02:02 AM Thread Starter

Hey guys. New to the site.

Hey guys, how's it going? My name is Gary and I am new to the site. I am a proud owner of a survivor 1969 Impala to park along side the unrestored 1969 Z28 I have. I'm making arrangements to pick it up next week sometime, so I don't have any info on it except whats in the link I provided. This car is as close to a survivor as I will ever get. I'm no stranger to them as there have been 3 others that have been a part of my life since my dads new 69 fathom green 350 growing up in Atlanta. I'm a long time member of Team Camaro, Camaro Research Group and the Yenko SuperCar site. I'm hoping there are some other members here I can check in with that still have all original Impalas to see if there are things incorrect and or missing. Thanks for having me, if you will have me.

Gary

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-...orcev4exp=true
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 02:53 AM

Welcome to the Team Gary!

After you get the Impala sorted out you will need to buy a '69 Nova SS and a SS 396 Chevelle/ El Camino before you complete your collection with a '69 Corvair Turbo Monza two door coupe (thought I was going to say Corvette weren't you!).

Big Dave
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
Welcome to the Team Gary!

After you get the Impala sorted out you will need to buy a '69 Nova SS and a SS 396 Chevelle/ El Camino before you complete your collection with a '69 Corvair Turbo Monza two door coupe (thought I was going to say Corvette weren't you!).

Big Dave

Dave

If I only had the funds buddy, and the room for it all. Oh... wait, if I had the funds I would have room for them all, but I digress. That's the one thing my wife wouldn't have a problem with. A Corvair? you bet. I like the last year body style. Been in a few of those and they are fun to drive fast.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969Impala View Post
Dave

A Corvair? you bet. I like the last year body style. Been in a few of those and they are fun to drive fast.
Heaven forbid!!

What would Ralph Nader say?

Big Dave :lol
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Dave, can you recommend where to go to get specifics of the 69 Impala? I should be getting a pic of the TT sometime, but I was looking for what options could be had on them, the rear ratios, trans, what rears 10 or 12 bolt, you know the good stuff. I'll be crawling all over this thing when I get it. Is there a PDF of the AIM on it anywhere? They have the Camaro AIM in PDF on the CRG website.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 07:52 PM

No we don't have anything cool like that. Once you see it we can decode the Trim Tag. The base V-8 engine was the 190 horse 283, but they sold nearly as many 275 horse 327's. The 350 was also offered as an option as was the 396 325 horse and the 390 horse 427. Any motor rated at over 300 horsepower would have a twelve bolt rear as well as either the Muncie if equipped with a four speed or a TH400 if using an automatic. If you had the iron duke 153 four cylinder engine (still an option in 1969) it would have a three speed manual, a ten bolt rear and a power glide or Saginaw Four speed if they wanted a four speed and the motor is rated at 275 or less.

The SS was a trim option in the Impalas not a performance option so all you got when you ordered a SS was badges and bucket seats.

If you ordered the trailering package however you got HD Suspension, HD Cooling and HD Battery and Alternator as well as a Reese hitch (everything the SS package had on the Camaro except for the Reese hitch). Of course you could still order the trailering package with only 283 V-8 or a 250 six (but at least it was not offered with the four banger). So If you wanted a stealth SS you ordered the trailering package and a 427 motor.

Big Dave
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

Here's the TT. Passenger side has some battle scars. Little old lady owned it literally just to go grocery shopping in it. 45000 miles on it. The guy that has it now has had it for only 3 months. I believe he said she is like 90 something years old now and doesn't drive anymore.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG954993.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	3118   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG954200.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	3119   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG952548.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	3120  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 09:33 AM

Welcome Gary. http://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/index.php is another great Chevy site.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadstoy View Post
Welcome Gary. http://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/index.php is another great Chevy site.

Thanks for the heads up Larry. I was on one of the 1st Gen Camaro websites I frequent and a friend turned me on to the SS427 Impala website as well. I'll be reading and asking questions for days. The Impala is a great car but I wish there was as much info on it as the 1st gen Camaro. Did you know the Impala was built in about a dozen or so plants across the US? I had know idea and over 1.5 million were built in 69 alone. I must be living in a cave here in Delaware. You just don't see any older Chevies around here, ever.

"MY IMPALA"

10B 1969 16447 Impala 'Survivor'

"MY Z"
06A 1969 Camaro Z28 'Unrestored'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page