1st time Impala owner. 2007. Byebye Honda - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

1st time Impala owner. 2007. Byebye Honda

Some quick history, my testimony, then some questions....

I have owned a 1988 Honda Accord, a 1997 Honda Accord, a 2003 Honda Accord, a 2004 Honda Odyssey, and a 2008 Honda Civic.

I lvoe all my Hondas until the Ody, and the Civic I sold a month after buying it.

Honda built great cars, but something ... happened... I think, after 2003. At least, my 03 Accord lasted me 10 years.

I bought the civic out of desperation, and am not sure if I just got a crappy car or that it was so much smaller than my Accord, but I despised it.

My mom and dad were buying a Toyota Avalon and offered to sell me their 2007 Imapla LT. They were the only owners (Bought it new), and I know the shop they've taken it too religiously all these years. It had 93k on it, leather, auto start, dual exhaust, 6 cyl... basically a lot of luxuries I was not used to. Dad sold it to me for $7200. And as for looks, it was in great physical condition. And wow, for a 6 cyl, its gas mileage is great! And the ride is smooth (Could be the tires) but that stupid civic was like riding in a cardboard box down a flight of stairs.

Each day I drive it, I love it more and more. I even find myself preferring to drive it over the 2001 Toyota Sienna van that I love so much. I even found myself saying what I thought I would never say out loud EVER!
One day while driving the Impala, I said to my wife "Yeah, maybe my next car will be another Impala." ((((GASP))), not a Toyota? Not a HONDA? (NEVER Honda again)

SO here I am, a guy leaving the Honda world and entering in the (gulp) American car world.

Now, questions:
The car has VERY few quirks that bug me. But since I am here, I will toss out a few.
The 'cigarette lighter' port. Anytime I leave my cell phone charger in it (Which has an amber light on it that lights up when receiving power), it stays on, even after I turn off the car, even after I get out, no key in the ignition. I know it's a small light, but, I dunno, isn't that draining the battery somehow? And is this normal?

The passenger side front window motor seems to be dying (Slow rolling up). Are these motors flaky and are they cheap to replace?

Wow,. just say here for 5 minutes trying to think of something else that bugs me about it... and that's it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 10:13 PM

Hi, Jay!

This forum is for the classic old RWD Impalas. For discussion on your late model FWD car, www.impalaforums.com will have a section for you.

Your issues are pretty simple, though. It's normal for the cig lighter to be powered at all times, and the window slowness is likely just needing lubrication on the track. You take the door panel off for this job. The other forum probably has pics on how to do it.

Two doors, four doors, wagons, and ragtops.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 10:17 PM

Cig lighter is hot all the time. Thats normal. Window motors can be pricey as can be installation. Most require drilling out rivets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page