My '66 327 Impala - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

My '66 327 Impala

Hello, my name is Juan and I live in Murfreesboro, TN. I'm 31 years old and I've always had a love for 65, 66 impalas since I was a kid. I recently came across one I just had to own, and it was in the color I loved the most.
This is my 1966 Impala 327:
-38K Original documented miles
-2 Owner car (1st owner was the father, 2nd was the son, I recently bought it from the owners son in AL)
-Car spent its entire life in the south (built in Doraville, GA, sold and lived in Cullman, Al until I bought it and brought it Murfreesboro, TN)
-Mostly original except recent paint job in original Sandalwood Tan using GM Paint, new front seat cover, package tray, fuel tank, lines, sending unit, rebuilt carb, booster, radiator and engine detailed by a hotrod shop in Cullman, Al
-Came with 3 broadcast sheets, appears to be two factory reprints of damaged sheets and a final print of the broadcast. (I work in a auto factory and reprints happen time to time on broadcasts, sometimes they get damaged during the build process)
-I know it has the wrong hubcaps, I do have the originals that were ordered with the car and a set of wire wheel hubcaps. Original owner left the SS hubcaps on there when I bought it, and included the original set that came with the car.
-One of the pictures shows the original tags from 1966 from AL, that picture was taken the day I brought her home. I Currently have TN Antique plates on the car.

I'm sure ill be on here asking a lot of questions for my new/classic, but I always use the search option first.

Proud owner of a Sandalwood Tan '66 Impala 327

My Impala

Last edited by juanv1982; 08-11-2013 at 07:04 PM. Reason: change to photos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 05:48 PM

Welcome to the Team Juan!

Looks dealership show room ready.

Big Dave
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 06:19 PM

Welcome Juan!

You are very lucky to find a car like that. Why wouldnt the original owner's son have kept it?

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

In all honesty he wanted to keep it, as he put it when I asked why he would sell it, "my family has always been at the bottom of the pole" I left it at that. It was hard buying it when I was loading it up on the trailer looking at him with his young son he almost started to cry. I asked if he was he ok, his replied with what were my plans with the car and if I ever sell it give him some time so he can buy it back.

My Impala
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 06:55 PM

Juan...I said it over on "the other site", before they nuked my posts (no replies in that thread), but that is a beautiful car. I'm not a big fan of the Sandalwood, but it sure does look nice on your car. Nice score for sure.

Ed
66 Impala SS
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

yeah, I saw they deleted a few posts with my introduction on there. I didn't get to say thank you before they got deleted, thanks. Sandalwood has always been that color that doesn't photograph well but in person its one of the best colors IMO.

My Impala
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 08:19 AM

paperwork

Juan,
Would you please scan me a good copy of the window sticker and build sheet for out club historical data?

Thanks,

Paul

e-mail to: [email protected]

Paul

1966 Impala SS

Please Visit our new site:
http://www.winvoices.com/
1959 through 1988* window stickers, car shippers, dealer invoices, retail sales orders and tank stickers, expertly reproduced, for most Chevrolet Models.

Last edited by fsc66; 08-12-2013 at 08:20 AM. Reason: left out info
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013, 08:17 PM

Wow, you've got a sweet 66 there Juan. I think the sandalwood looks great.
I bet it was hard for the son to let her go.
Happy cruising!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 08:03 AM

What a beautifull car. Enjoy your cruisin
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 04:42 PM

Very nice 66 Impala, one of my favorits also, I had a Blue Convertible back some years ago and loved it until I was hit on rt front by drunk running a stop light, I almost killed that guy when I got out and seen what was left even bent the frame O well I went out and bought a 65 Impala just after that, Have fun with your new toy, stay away from Minnesota I hear there is a super fast 60 Impala Sleeper there, lol Buy for now Juan and have a good day, I'm sure you will with that car.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone, here are two pictures from this afternoon. I installed the factory wire wheels I scored on ebay, breather decal, top air cleaner decal and optikleen bottle. The engine is almost complete (just need a hood insulator), the picture of the engine in my original post was how I bought the car.

My Impala
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page