New with a 1968 - Impala Tech
Welcome Forum New to the site? Introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2013, 12:10 AM Thread Starter

New with a 1968

Hello Everyone,

My first car was a 68 Impala that my grandfather bought when I was born and sold to me when I turned 16. An EX friend took it out one night without my permission and totalled it. Ive been waiting some 26 years for another. Well the time and price was right and here it is. Maybe not the "perfect" replacement, but damn nice. Ive only had it three days and the wife has to force me to get out of it. Ive been looking online for a good forum and looks like I found it. Glad to be on board.

The details on her are a bit sketchy but Im working through them. Here is what I know so far. Someone was planning on quarter mile racing it. It has had the 327 replaced with a 454 bored to 468. It has a TH400 with a high stall converter. Unfortunately he never got to the rear end. Still has the 2.73 gear. Plenty of power but with the combo it wont get out of its own way. Ordered a new stock converter and planning on a set of 3.42's.....I think. Open to opinions. Im not wanting to race the car per se. I like the local shows. I don't mind messing with the occasional kid in his daddy's Camaro. I want it to be able to leave 2 solid black tracks from a 10 mile an hour roll and Id like to be able to take it on a 4 hour drive to Gatlinburg without feeling like its ready to blow up.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	3737  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2013, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Going to try to add a couple of other photos.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	66
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	3745  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2013, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

Well that didnt work. I'll try it one at a time.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	84
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	3753  

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2013, 12:17 AM Thread Starter

And the front
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	75
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	3761  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2013, 12:41 AM

Very nice car, I also live in Ohio and travel to Gatlinburg in our 65 Impala at least a couple times a year. When we going! I get a good price on rooms at our time share there.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2013, 12:50 AM Thread Starter

Evening Dtoy! We are actually headed down in two weeks for Shades of the Past. I would have liked to have gone the following week as I hear it is a bit rowdier, but the kid has school. We wont have the Impala down there as this trip is about the 16 year old and her car. We have been working on hotrodding a '89 Town Car and it is suppose to be done this week. Welded up everything down the side including the opera window and light, side markers and all trim holes. Has lowered race suspension and runs like a dream. Next year will be engine work. It is at the shop being painted now. I tried to persuade her into hotrod black, but she wants Indigo Blue. Ive attached a pic of it. You going to be there this year?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2013, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

Or here it is
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	81
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	3777  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2013, 01:02 AM

Thats cool, a hot rod lincolin. Been going to car shows in Gatlinburg for over 30 years. Had the fire dept hose us down back in the 80's when we got out of hand with the burnouts. I still have some of the paper clippings. Our next trip there is Dec. 6-8 for the Christmas lights and parade.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2013, 10:56 AM

Welcome to the Team Bob!

Read this thread that tells you how you can include up to ten photos per post. It was written by Philip a Mod over on the Nova board but this technique works on all boards you visit.

http://www.novas.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1896

Big Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page