Clone 350tbi and Impala 63?? - Impala Tech
Performance Our High Performance Area

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Clone 350tbi and Impala 63??

Hey!
All tips about a project like the topic would be to ig help for me.
I do have a complete chevy van with 350tbi/th700 and i would like to place this in my 63.

Regards
Gustaf

My ride is an Chevrolet Impala 4dr HT 1963 19800miles, 2 owners in the states before it was shipped to Sweden and my garage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 07:46 PM

Rip it out and stuff it in. The 700R4 is a tad longer than the TH350/PowerGlide you have now. You will need all of the wiring and computer out of the van to install in your Impala. The pan might be a bit tight with your cross-member as truck pans are lower slung since they don't have road clearance issues that cars do.

Other wise every thing should bolt right up.

Big Dave
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 06:19 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Dave,

I think i skip to mount the 350 enginge with computer boxes and everything. Instead i take the manifold and 4brl carburator from the 327 and put it on the 350 enginge.

How is it to mount Headers on a old 63chevy with a bit moore modern 350 enginge? I guess it would not be any bigger problems?

/GUSTAF

My ride is an Chevrolet Impala 4dr HT 1963 19800miles, 2 owners in the states before it was shipped to Sweden and my garage.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 08:25 AM

The wonder of the Chevrolet is the amount of parts interchangeability. a set of headers to fit your car are the same if you put a 1955 265 small block in or if you put in a small block Chevy Vortec engine out of a 2001 pick-up truck (even though the "D" port heads have an issue with exhaust leaks the headers will still holt right up and seal initially).

Big Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page