begining mods on 2003 3.4L impala advise and ?'s - Impala Tech
Performance Our High Performance Area

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-11-2011, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

begining mods on 2003 3.4L impala advise and ?'s

Hi every my names sean doman i recently decided time for a new car had a 95 taurus se v6 3.0 because of the fwd i like to get in "aggressive angles"lol so i got lucky and came across a deal for family and friends n got a 2003 dark blue impala for 2000$ with new tires, breaks, and black inside projector headlights with a bit above standard packge but it does has 150k on it either way good deal im happy and love the car and seems like there will be room for more horse power. its honestly the best this car could look for a 2003. So with that i have a couple questions to get me started because i am new to the car n never have had a car i wanted to put money into. ive noticed most people are for the oler days of this car but i would like any imput i could get from experiened people. i would like to make freinds with same car and are somewhat serious about moding this baby outt to chat with so get in touch.

1 is this forum a good place for people intrested in working on the new impalas such as my 2003

2 what are the first couple things i want to do/ get for someone who plans moderate modifications

3 are performance chips really worth the money and if so what are the best ones period or if any that work with the impala motor

4 whats the best and cheapest performance parts sellers for the impala

5 are there any common kinks to the car i should watch out for

5 what are some things i should look into for making this car look alot more stunning

6 anything else u would like to add feel free

thanks to all who read and/or give me some of there time for some greatly appreciated opinions and ideas thank you and gooday to all happy riding
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-21-2011, 07:44 PM

Hi there Doman90. I dont have the generation that you do, but do have some experience with front wheel drive cars. I currently own a '94 Caprice Police package. The best bang for your buck perfomance is gonna be investing in an intake AND exhaust system, followed immediately with a re-tune of your car's computer (dealer should be able to do it for around $90). Driving with Intake AND exhaust without the tune will cause a lean condition and the computer cannot adjust itself that much for this combo. As for looks, dropping the suspension 2"-2.5" is always a nice touch and should help improve the handling quite a bit (get the shocks to match, or you will have a very firm ride). Speaking of handling... Wheels: Try to not go any bigger than 17" due to rotational mass. If you do go bigger, then you also need to consider upgrading the brakes. Bigger wheels=more rotational mass=more stress on those dinky rotors/calipers. Look at the size of the Rotors/Calipers on any high end car (Mercedes, BMW, Corvette, Aston Martin...), and I will promise that if they have large wheels then they have MASSIVE brakes to match. Just a few ideas. Welcome to the forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page