need muffler shop in norcal - Impala Tech
Performance Our High Performance Area

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

need muffler shop in norcal

I'm hoping someone can recommend me a muffler shop in the Sacramento area. I want to put dual exhaust on my 68 custom. I got a quote from a shop in orangevale for $600 which sounds high to me. I just want to run dual exhaust from the heads back with some flowmasters (or other suggestions for that good v8 rumble? its a daily driver) and pencil tips out the back. any help is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 03:09 PM

Buy your complete system online and bring it in to get installed. Shouldn't be more than two hours labour. You can get everything you need from Pypes. Personally, I hate Flowmasters. They sound like crap. I like "turbo" style mufflers. Sound great, and not annoying.

Two doors, four doors, wagons, and ragtops.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayoldschool View Post
Buy your complete system online and bring it in to get installed. Shouldn't be more than two hours labour. You can get everything you need from Pypes. Personally, I hate Flowmasters. They sound like crap. I like "turbo" style mufflers. Sound great, and not annoying.
thanks for the suggestion. the only ones i can find have the the tips exiting in front of the rear wheels (which is not what i want) or out at the back corners (also not what i want). any other suggestions?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 06:24 PM

Still buy a complete system that exits out back, and just have the muffle shop change the tips. Also, your complete over the axle pipes, resonators, and tail pipes are available in stock form from any parts place (Walker parts). You could buy the intermediate pipes (manifold to muffler) from Pypes, and pick up everything else locally (or order from rockauto/summit/jegs/etc).
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys! The problem is I cant seem to find a complete kit that exits out the back. can anyone help me?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 05:26 PM

Therebis a shop in gridley ca, 20 minutes north of yuba city did an awesome job on my 61 and alot cheaper then that. Well worth tne drive
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2012, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpimuncie View Post
Therebis a shop in gridley ca, 20 minutes north of yuba city did an awesome job on my 61 and alot cheaper then that. Well worth tne drive
whats the name of the shop?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page