1965 SS fawn dash/interior colors - Impala Tech
Interiors Upholstery & Soft Trim

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

1965 SS fawn dash/interior colors

Hey guys,

so as some on here might now, my 65 SS hardtop was rescued from being a low-rider by me and Im slowly trying to get it back to original condition.

Originally it was Danube blue outside and fawn inside

The previous owner painted it orange but claims it was regal red and redid the interior in the white/black style.

Anyways, I havent been able to find any pictures of an SS fawn dash and was wondering if any one had any info on what to paint what color

Based on pictures I have seen of non-SS cars and SS cars with different color interior, I think that the instrument panel/gauge cluster is flat black and the dash recess is the lighter fawn color (almost champagne) and the rest of the dash is the darker fawn color.

some chips in the black paint on the dash and steering wheel kinda give me an idea, but I want to make sure first.

I looked here: http://www.oldride.com/library/1965_...et_impala.html

and it lists these colors for fawn
Light Fawn Lucite® Code - 9170 (semi-gloss)

Medium Fawn Lucite® Code - 9171LH (semi-gloss)

Medium Dark Fawn Lucite® Code - 9182L (semi-gloss)

Medium Dark Fawn Lucite® Code - 9202LH (flat)

I think the kick panels are the medium dark fawn, and the dash recess is the medium

Also what color is the headliner on a 65 SS fawn interior? I have looked in all the resto catalogs and none seem to indicate what color and style go in there. It currently has a white perforated looking vinyl.

Thanks for all the advice/tips guys.

www.fquick.com/Captainofiron

68 Firebird 400, YC 400, Hbeam rods, ported 670 heads (2.11i, 1.77e valves), 1.65 RRs, Torker 2 intake, Nodular Crank, Eaton Limited Slip, Richmond 3.55 gears, M-20 M4
97 Trans Am WS6, LT1, M6, FLP LTs, Cutouts, Flowmaster catback, Jet Airfoil, K&N air filter, MSD Opti and Coil
65 Impala SS 327 Camelhump Heads, CompCams RR, 650 carb, M-20 M4, 12 bolt 3.73 gears
91 Cherokee 2 door. 4X4, NP 231 TC, AX15 M5
13 Veloster Turbo. Turbo I-4 M6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

So far this is the only picture I have seen of an SS fawn dash

and here is a non SS dash

68 Firebird 400, YC 400, Hbeam rods, ported 670 heads (2.11i, 1.77e valves), 1.65 RRs, Torker 2 intake, Nodular Crank, Eaton Limited Slip, Richmond 3.55 gears, M-20 M4
97 Trans Am WS6, LT1, M6, FLP LTs, Cutouts, Flowmaster catback, Jet Airfoil, K&N air filter, MSD Opti and Coil
65 Impala SS 327 Camelhump Heads, CompCams RR, 650 carb, M-20 M4, 12 bolt 3.73 gears
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2013, 05:32 PM

My '65 SS has black interior, but the headliner has the star shaped perforations. Not much help.

The second pic looks like a '65 Caprice interior, different door panels and seat patterns than a Impala or SS.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 07:57 AM

Thanks for saving it
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Liggett View Post
My '65 SS has black interior, but the headliner has the star shaped perforations. Not much help.

The second pic looks like a '65 Caprice interior, different door panels and seat patterns than a Impala or SS.
I figured it was the star pattern, I found a really old Impala bobs catalog and it has the fawn star pattern listed, I guess just the classic industries either incorrectly lists it or something

Anyways about the dash, yea I realized it wasnt an SS impala interior, but it was previously the only picture I was able to find, but now that I found the SS dash picture, I have something to compare it to.

it looks like the SS has the Medium fawn on the dash, and the light fawn on the instrument panel/speedo recess panel

but the caprice looks like medium dark fawn or even saddle on the dash and light fawn on the speedo recess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txbobcat View Post
Thanks for saving it
Did my duty, haha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page