63 Impala Sq. Footage - Impala Tech
Interiors Upholstery & Soft Trim

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

63 Impala Sq. Footage

Does anyone happen to know the square footage of the 1963 Impala floor including rear seat pan? My wild guess 70 sq ft.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 01:12 AM

Seven by ten seems a little large but I have no idea. You buying carpet?

Big Dave
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 05:22 AM Thread Starter

I'm trying to budget for sound/heat proofing. This stuff is over priced for what it is...kinda reminds me of the stuff a snake oil salesman would sell.

The only reasonable stuff on the market seems to be a spray on product "Lizard Skin" from Eastwood...got the butle in it so its pretty good stuff and won't smell up the cabin like the asphalt products on the market.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 09:26 AM

I thought these cars were measured in acers ;D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1964 Impala 4 door sedan

My Bloggy Thing: http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=2285
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

You are right about that. I'm trying to sound/heat proof the floor and roof on a 1963 Impala and need some accurate footage. I don't have the body so I'm unable to take measurements.

The deadner is outrageous in price...by the foot you can't believe what the manufacturers think this stuff is worth. Personally, I think they are gouging and you know what happens when you get greedy.

Perhaps some one may have a better solution out there. I almost refuse to by the Dynamat stuff on principle. Since when should deadner go for $20 - $30 a square foot? That's simply outrageous and the sooner people push back and go elsewhere the sooner the price will get to normal. It would also help if they stopped paying Chip Foosh so much money for an endorsements. I don't want to pay to have his mug on my packaging. I opt for the magic maker and give me a discount.

As you can tell I'm not a fun of paying a company to promote their product. I say forget the marketing and give me a good price. I'm much happier with a good price versus a picture or graphics on packaging.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 11:17 AM

I used an extra layer of jute padding under my carpet and it did a fine job. Bought the extra thick stuff and it was about $10 sq yard. I think I bought 2 sq yards for the whole interior and had plenty leftover. It was a bit tough to cut and fit as it's so thick but definitely don't regret it. Any auto upholstery shop should have it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 01:28 PM

I don't recall how much they used, but I can at least offer some sympathy for the pain of the price. I pretty much had everything inside covered in it, even up under the dash and under the roof, as it was all stripped down at the time. And I can tell you that it did make a big difference on how quiet my '64 is, I barely have to adjust the radio volume going from freeway speeds to a stop.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1964 Impala 4 door sedan

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

WOW! That looks like a lot of material. Any way to figure out how much they used? Did you use on the roof as well?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 11:23 PM

I wish I knew how much material it was. I did do the roof as well and so far after 2 years including some hot California sun, it is sticking just fine

1964 Impala 4 door sedan

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

I'm in Texas (Houston) hot and humid. This stuff sticks no doubt. The cost is what's outrageous. About 1/3 - 1/2 the cost of flooring for your house, really? Totally over priced.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 11:25 PM

I tried to look at it this way, that was the only time I will have the car all apart like that so it could be installed, so go with the sure thing rather than risk having to re-do something.

1964 Impala 4 door sedan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page