1961 Biscayne Different seats from other cars? - Impala Tech
Interiors Upholstery & Soft Trim

2Likes
  • 1 Post By djss
  • 1 Post By boynton6spd

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

1961 Biscayne Different seats from other cars?

Has anyone changed their front seats from a bench to buckets using seats OTHER than the factory bucket seats? If so what type of brackets did you use?

I have tried to search the net with the same type of inquiry but no INFO of what seats were used I only see pics.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Wow it looks like everyone has stayed with the factory issued seats, I will have to search maybe the pro-touring sites.........
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014, 10:51 PM

I swapped out my interior for one out of a Buick Electra 225, but it was basically buying the same factory parts with better padding and seat covers.

If you are going to use aftermarket seats ( n aluminum bomber seat or a fiberglass high bolster no back support plastic high back bucket with holes in it for a five belt seat belt system) then you are going to buy their mounting kit if they offer one for your car (doubtful) or fabricate one your self from scratch (sheet metal, steel rods, steel wire and SAE threaded bolts).

Big Dave

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2014, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
I swapped out my interior for one out of a Buick Electra 225, but it was basically buying the same factory parts with better padding and seat covers.

If you are going to use aftermarket seats ( n aluminum bomber seat or a fiberglass high bolster no back support plastic high back bucket with holes in it for a five belt seat belt system) then you are going to buy their mounting kit if they offer one for your car (doubtful) or fabricate one your self from scratch (sheet metal, steel rods, steel wire and SAE threaded bolts).

Big Dave
Got thanks Big Dave I was hoping someone went to the local Junkyard and made something work....looks like I will be the guinea pig lol.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014, 07:49 PM

We put seats out of 96 Caprice police car in our 61 Bel Air. We took the head rests off and used a console out of an Olds Bravada. The tranny is a 700r4. The seats work great and they recline. We had the front seats and rear seats covered to match. Ill try to find a photo.
shaark92 likes this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by djss View Post
We put seats out of 96 Caprice police car in our 61 Bel Air. We took the head rests off and used a console out of an Olds Bravada. The tranny is a 700r4. The seats work great and they recline. We had the front seats and rear seats covered to match. Ill try to find a photo.
DJSS thanks for that! Unfortunately I sold the Biscayne and picked up a 1966 Impala wagon, so I will be looking into the center console idea for sure!!!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2014, 09:02 AM

I used late 90's Silverado seat's which had the integrated belts. Had to cut down the front side of seat bracket.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2014, 03:40 PM

I put 65 buckets in a 67...

Bolted mounts to the seats, positioned them where I was comfortable, marked the floor, took mounts off the seats, welded mounts to the floor, bolted seats to the mounts...done
No ive got a 65, so it will get the 65 seats and im looking for 67 buckets...again!
But I do love the SRT8 charger and modern GTO buckets, so you never know...
shaark92 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page