Interior Help! - Impala Tech
Interiors Upholstery & Soft Trim

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Interior Help!

Thank you in advance for your input. I have no experience with this. Here are my questions...

Is Ember Red the factory seat color for a 1963 Impala SS 2 door hardtop w/bucket seats? I assume the Riverside Red paint would be the dash color...anyone know this stuff?

Checking the prices, I can get a USA made set in Ember Red from Classic Industries delivered for $800 unassembled or slightly over $1K assembled. I think the Classic Stuff is PUI. Not sure how good they are, but they use Seville vinyl and is made in the USA... anyone know PUI? The issue surfaced earlier regarding Classic Industries was the top rail fit. I can buy the unassembled set from Classic and have them installed on my existing cardboard door panels and rails.

Ciadella out of AZ is $1,500 after discount, plus freight for approx. $1,800 delivered. You supply the metal rails or buy repos from them for an additional $150.

I'm trying to justify the cost/value proposition between sources. If all suppliers are using Seville vinyl is there really an $800 - $1,000 difference in craftsmanship? I understand you get what you pay for, but if that was true, I should buy from Impala Bob for $2,000. He charges the most, so he should have the best quality, right?

Can anyone shed any light on this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page