Interiors Upholstery & Soft Trim

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Big Dave
  • 1 Post By Big Dave

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-03-2016, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

1971 impala seat foam/buns

Whats going on group.
Can someone point me in the right direction, I'm in need of new seat foam/buns for my 1971 impala coupe front seats. Thanks in advanced

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 11:22 AM

Welcome to the team you unknown Kansan you!

I can not help you but some of the guys who restore cars may chime in shortly. I hot rod cars not restore them so if a seat was bad I simply find a lighter version and bolted that in without a care for originality as function topped form in my way of playing with cars. 1971-'76 used the same basic parts but so far as seats go I think you have more diversity of models and years to chose from.

In my old street driven Impala that I bought off the lot new when it finally wore out I pulled the entire interior out of a newer Buick Electra 225 I found in junk yard and installed it in my former 9C6 Taxi cab that was really stripped down so I went from not having any options other than an AM/FM Stereo (dealer installed) radio to power everything except the radio antenna.

Big Dave
webwill likes this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 06:59 AM

Bench buckets or 60/40?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 08:56 AM

Plenty company's sell the foam padding you need, it's a little pricey in my opinion. You may be better off going to some kind of fabric type shop to purchase and cut your own. It's foam, Ive never done it but, it can't be hard to do. That's just my opinion though.

Classic industries and impala bobs would have what you seek. There's plenty more companies selling the stuff, that's just who I usually buy stuff from.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 09:48 AM

It is a closed cell foam, not open cell foam such as in foam rubber. It is usually made of PCV plastic and can be cut and shaped with a hack saw blade. You can buy the foam at a marina as it is what is used in flotation devices and seat cushions.

Big Dave
webwill likes this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madencali View Post
Plenty company's sell the foam padding you need, it's a little pricey in my opinion. You may be better off going to some kind of fabric type shop to purchase and cut your own. It's foam, Ive never done it but, it can't be hard to do. That's just my opinion though.

Classic industries and impala bobs would have what you seek. There's plenty more companies selling the stuff, that's just who I usually buy stuff from.
Classic industries stop at 1970 model that i have seen

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page