65 Impala SS s Side window bolts - Impala Tech
Interiors Upholstery & Soft Trim

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-10-2016, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

65 Impala SS s Side window bolts

I am putting my car back together and I removed the drivers side window. Putting it back together and cannot locate the 3 bolts that attach the side glass to the rail. There is one missing on the passenger side also. So I need 4 and I cannot locate them anywhere. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-10-2016, 10:10 PM
BA.

I am not confident that those are reproduced.

You might try Impala Bobs because they do used parts or as DadsToy likes to note, there is a Facebook page dedicated to selling parts, someone there might be able to hook you up.

HOW A NOVICE REBUILDS A 66 IMPALA CONVERTIBLE:
http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=1432
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2016, 11:13 AM

65 - 66 side window hardware

I had several large boxes of 65 - 66 side glass hardware and wing windows that I could not sell. Maybe the friend I transferred them over to might still have them. PM me if interested, I can give you his contact info. Impala Bobs should have them, i would concur on that.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-21-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Dan View Post
I am putting my car back together and I removed the drivers side window. Putting it back together and cannot locate the 3 bolts that attach the side glass to the rail. There is one missing on the passenger side also. So I need 4 and I cannot locate them anywhere. Any ideas?
Are these the 1/4-20 bolts with 7/16" socket head and about 1/2" long?
I'm almost positive NAPA has them in their Hardware Book. They should come about 6-8 per package. I can't remember if they have the loose washer under the head or not. Check them out.

I may have some in the garage. If I do, I'll post up a picture for you.

Chris
Warrenton, OR
'68 CJ-5 - Sold
'74 Nova
'10 Camaro
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-21-2016, 11:16 PM

As Promised

I have included one bolt from the S-I-L's door for comparison. Hopefully this is what your looking for. NAPA only has one length bolt. You should be able to cut it down if you need.

Chris
Warrenton, OR
'68 CJ-5 - Sold
'74 Nova
'10 Camaro
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2016, 08:30 AM

NAPA used to rebrand Rockwell bolts that were made in the USA. There would have been an R stamped into in the top of the hex back in the day. Today because most of the population is trained to seek the lowest price those parts are now made in India from old tramp steamers pulled ashore and melted down to be recast as pig iron contaminated with copper and other metals found aboard ships. Those contaminates change the alloy and weaken it. Same for parts made out of old refrigerators and stoves from China. Since America no longer makes it's own steel (or many of the parts to make it's cars) GM buys it's virgin rolled steel from Sweden and fasteners to assemble new cars from Germany. Luckily GM went metric in 1987 so those M number.number by a number are the same ones that hold Porsches and BMW's together.

I buy all of my fasteners from ARP but they are not exactly restoration parts.

Big Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page