New owner of used car. - Impala Tech
Interiors Upholstery & Soft Trim

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

New owner of used car.

I’m a new owner of a second-hand car, and it is not even the latest model, some interior accessories are outdated. I’m here to get pointers and customizations on what to install and do you typically do it yourself or your dealership should? I just know the basics like dash cams, sensors, etc.

I’m open to suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 10:12 PM

Well we typically only talk about big American iron here: specifically V8 powered, rear wheel drive Chevys made from 1958 through 1970. Do you own one?

Big Dave
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-23-2018, 08:37 PM

You might want to check starter kits, bluetooth car kit, radar detector, blind spot mirrors and smartphone mounts. These can be handy for yourself.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

mine is a 1974 Impala, it's a family heirloom that has been idle in the garage for years. She is being restored to running condition but still not sure if to keep or sell.

I found this mountable wireless parking sensor, before I place my order, has anyone used this before?

Strive to be your best in every way you can.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 09:47 PM

That is the biggest and heaviest year Impala ever produced (same size as the Cadillac Brougham). The factory put the car on a diet starting in 1975 as they knew they were going to be having issues with leaded gas going away along with the BBC and the SBC 400 developed to move this car and light pick-ups. In 1977 the Impala shrank to a mid sized car (the size and weight of a 1970 Chevelle).

You can become accustomed to it's size with driving it a bit in empty parking lots to see how well you can park the car between the lines. Like playing music or football it is all about practice, practice practice.

Here is a young lady with a similar request driving a '68 Camaro (a compact car with stuby short trunk). She agrees with you in going for an app for her phone.

http://www.camaros.net/forums/134-ti...llel-park.html

Big Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page