65 rear seatbelt questions. - Impala Tech
Interiors Upholstery & Soft Trim

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

65 rear seatbelt questions.

new to the forum,
1.just purchased a 65ss and would like to know the approximate location of the holes for the rear seat belts. This is a very original unmolested car so I want to make sure I get it right. I've heard that there are "dimples" as guides for drilling holes. I'm really anxious to bring my daughter for a ride but there are no rear belts.
2. Does anyone know the correct length for rear belts, is it 60 or 74 inches?
3. Finally,if anyone has any leads on the standard red belts with the fisher coach logo please let me know. I cant find any online, just universal chrome latch styles. Oh yeah, my interior is red. Thanks!!

1965 Impala ss 283
Ermine White / Red interior

1970 Chevelle ss L78
Black Cherry / White Stripes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 11:32 PM

Sam I have seen the Fisher Coach self adhesive labels sold in the decal sections of restore houses catalogs. That won't match the recessed square the original belt buckle had but it will come close (as in 15 to 20 foot close).

Not sure on belt length but should be close to your Chevelle in overall length. (check to see if rear seats are the same depth). I have heard the same rumors on seat belt dimples being stamped in the floor pan as they where a dealer installed option in 1965-'66. Just be sure to reinforce the area beneath the floor (I would use a BBC front damper washer tack welded to the floor pan).

Big Dave
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

thanks Dave, do you happen to know if the factory assembly manual would cover this? I plan on taking the seats out tomorrow to look for the "dimples" just not looking forward to peeling up the sound deadener, sometimes it's better just to leave that lay and not tear into it....

1965 Impala ss 283

1970 Chevelle ss L78

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 09:34 AM

On my 64 the dimples were pretty obvious, once you removed the back seat.
If you want originals, give SSnake-oly a call. They restore what you might find on ebay or they can sometimes sell you the whole thing using their cores. They do excellent work, I had my belts done by them.

http://www.ssnake-oyl.com/mm5/mercha...tegory_Code=RS

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1964 Impala 4 door sedan

My Bloggy Thing: http://www.impalas.net/forums/blog.php?u=2285
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcairns View Post
On my 64 the dimples were pretty obvious, once you removed the back seat.
If you want originals, give SSnake-oly a call. They restore what you might find on ebay or they can sometimes sell you the whole thing using their cores. They do excellent work, I had my belts done by them.

http://www.ssnake-oyl.com/mm5/mercha...tegory_Code=RS

thanks, I saw your pics in a different thread, very helpful. I just took the rear seats out and found the "dimples". This will make it much easier to install. Also, I checked with Ssnake-oyl, they have the factory correct belts yet to be restored, they don't come cheap though ($250 pr). But this car is such a cream puff it deserves it. I'm going that route, but in the mean time I'm just going to put a GM belt in back so I can bring my daughter for a cruise.

1965 Impala ss 283

1970 Chevelle ss L78
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page