1975 Caprice RH remote mirror - Impala Tech
Interiors Upholstery & Soft Trim

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 06:14 AM Thread Starter

1975 Caprice RH remote mirror

I posted pics of my '75 rag top on the "welcome" forum. I'm going to drive my car a lot, so I want to add a passenger side remote mirror. I have the mirror with good control cables, but don't have the dash mounting bracket. Can someone on this site please post a picture or direct me to a place where I can see what the bracket looks like (also exactly where it mounts)? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 09:59 AM

What it looks like and where it mounts is described in your 1975 Full Size Car Assembly manual. I couldn't find one for a 1975 but this 1970-'72 should be almost the same.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-1972-Ch...4936%26ps%3D54

You can also find the same information at times in the Fisher Body Repair manual.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/1604994...Types&var=sbar

The difference is the Assembly manual tells a line worker which brand new Chevy part to pick up, where to install it and the bolt torque or adhesive required to mount it. And the Fisher Body Repair manual is designed to assist the body shop tech replace all of the sheet metal and seats or anything else in the car that could be damaged in a car collision. It is very good for documenting where to mount those SS trim parts in blank sheet metal, because the factory original parts where all pre-stamped with holes. The repair shop got the same generic sheet metal parts that the reproduction house sell you today.

The Chevrolet Service manual

http://www.faxonautoliterature.com/1...els-P9354.aspx

Covers parts that wear out under warranty are covered under the Service manual. It includes brakes, shocks, water pump, distributor R&R as well as rebuilding the motor tranny and rear end. The manual has the wiring diagram and included diagnostic matrix tables to repair most common problems.

Big Dave
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 06:25 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Big Dave. It's part number 1672841 for the remote mirror. I was hoping to get an actual picture of the dash controller part when installed in the dash. I have a couple of leads on mounting trim pieces that might work. I just wanted to see how close they are to original appearance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page