Posted this once,didn't really get any.. - Impala Tech
Tag Team De-coding tags & numbers

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Posted this once,didn't really get any..

HELP,
I need to decode my body tag on my 1965 non SS impala. I don't have the book to do this. I believe it was originally a powerglide but it has a tach in the dash and it had 4 speed pedals in it with a bench seat, it does have a hole in the tunnel that looks like it was hacked in by a drunk with a sawzall! It does have a welded on z bar bracket on the frame. 10 bolt rearend though?
I bought it as a roller. solid body and frame. Don't know too much about the car. I do know it's going to be a money pit! My wife isn't going to be happy with me!

02B
ST 65-16437 ATL 4796 BODY
TR814- A-A PAINT
E2S
L

Thank you very much for your help in advance!

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 11:44 PM

814 The original color of your interior is: Black. Material type is: Vinyl. Seat type: Bench. Used for: Impala wagons or convertible.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 11:50 PM

Chevy Cowl Tag Decoder
Here are the results of the codes you've entered:

Style:

Year: 1965
Series: Impala
Body Style: 2-Dr Sport Coupe
Engine: 8 Cyl

Body:

Serial #: 6

Trim:

Series: Impala
Interior Color: Black
Material: Vinyl Cloth Leather

Paint:
AA

Lower Body Color: Tuxedo Black
Upper Body Color: Tuxedo Black

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 09:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to TAR6569
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65 pimpala View Post
HELP,
I need to decode my body tag on my 1965 non SS impala. I don't have the book to do this. I believe it was originally a powerglide but it has a tach in the dash and it had 4 speed pedals in it with a bench seat, it does have a hole in the tunnel that looks like it was hacked in by a drunk with a sawzall! It does have a welded on z bar bracket on the frame. 10 bolt rearend though?
I bought it as a roller. solid body and frame. Don't know too much about the car. I do know it's going to be a money pit! My wife isn't going to be happy with me!

02B
ST 65-16437 ATL 4796 BODY
TR814- A-A PAINT
E2S
L

Thank you very much for your help in advance!

Chris
Here is some more info. 02B means the body was built 2nd week of February in 65. ATL is the Atlanta, GA assembly plant. A-A is Tuxedo Blacnk paint. For the options, E is tinted glass. 2S is rear antenna and the L has to do with the standard seat belts.

What is the vin#, I would like to add it to the impala registry. You don't see many black on black cars these days.

Warren
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

Thanks to 1964 impala dude and you Warren!

Warren,
The VIN is: 164375a132547 I'm from Michigan and that where I bought it. I bought this car from an old man that was selling it for his son. His son graduated from high school in 86 and went out to Cali and never came back. The car had been sitting in the old mans garage for 20 years! Every single body panel had to be worked on dents and rust but it was solid! The frame is beautiful! Just spider webs all over it. Anyway, he 283 had been blown upand they replaced it with a junk early 80's 305. Both ends had been fender bent like a typical kids car would be.

I have bought a 396 from a 65 SS. I am planning on switching it over to a BB car.

Did they make any 396 sport coupes without being an SS? Just curious?

Thanks for everything! I'm going to pick up a 65 SS parts car this afternoon to grab the 12 bolt out of it.

Have a great day!

Chris
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 09:19 AM
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 06:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to TAR6569
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65 pimpala View Post
Thanks to 1964 impala dude and you Warren!

I have bought a 396 from a 65 SS. I am planning on switching it over to a BB car.

Did they make any 396 sport coupes without being an SS? Just curious?

Thanks for everything! I'm going to pick up a 65 SS parts car this afternoon to grab the 12 bolt out of it.

Chris
Yes, You could get a 396 in any body style. Could you send me the vin/trim tag info and stamped date and code in the rear axle? I will add it to the list. Also, could you send me the casting number (back of the block on the top), casting date (on side of the block) and the front engine pad numbers from the 396 (both the date/suffix and vin)?

Thanks, Warren
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page