Decode of 66 Caprice Build Sheet - Impala Tech
Tag Team De-coding tags & numbers

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Decode of 66 Caprice Build Sheet

I noticed some are called Body Broadcast and some Chasis Broadcast and usually refered to as Build Sheets. I found mine a number of years ago but would like help in determining what the codes in Red stand for. Anyhelp in this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

Line 1
-----

Trim E = Black Body Color FF Marina Blue Trans DCA Engine 80

Line 2
-----
Model 16647 Heat H

Line 3
-----
Wire Harnes Main CK..CW Cluster KC..WS Wiper H..Clock A.Mirror AX Radio P1A

Line 4
------
Lamps Glove # Trunk #..#.# Dash Mat B Air Cleaner HA Battery X

Line 5
------
STG WHL UA STG COL CS STR GEAR A Radatior CM INL HOSE UJ OUT HOSE UN

Line 6
------
Can't Read

Line 7
------
Can't Read
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 03:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to TAR6569
I should be able to help you some. Can you post or email me a picture of scan of the build sheet and the trim tag on the firewall? Also, what is the vin#? That stuff will help get a breakdown of the car. I have some sheets for 66 but need to see if I have the style of yours.
Warren
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Hi warren. I know of all the stuff on the tag. I don't have a scan of the build sheet yet as I mentioned its in pretty bad shape. Here is the tag info. My main concern was how to deode the trans and engine What I came up with from studying many build sheet is the DCA is
D= Trans Type
C= Column Shift
A= Bench Seat

And for the Engine
8 = 8 Cylinder
0 = Rpo 0

Now only if I new exactly what D trans type and Rpo 0 was on the Norwood Line.

http://www1.snapfish.com/slideshow/A.../otsi=SPIClink

Last edited by wogman75; 01-21-2009 at 07:34 AM.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 09:32 PM

Interesting. This is the first Norwood broadcast sheet I have heard of. Is it the body or chassis broadcast?

I have seen PCA but not DCA. Those codes should be the same for the other fullsize plants that used the broadcast sheets in 66. I'm not actually sure what the seat is myself. For the engine, the L might mean 327. I see an L listed under OPT for some of the broadcast sheets I have from 327 cars.

Warren
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

Its the Body Broadcast sheet. I heard on the CRC site that only 10% of the Norwoods were found but I didn't know if that was just on the Camaro line or the whole plant. I know what the engine should decode to because I know its the orginal since A) I purchased the car from the orginal owner and B) I have the protecto plate imprint with the numbers matching but I wanted to prove every thing one additional way. Its definately DCA and its not a 327 but a 396. The sheet is not in really good shape and would love to make a replica but can't find a sheet even that similar the St Louis plant is the closest I have seen. The Georgia plant isn't even close. Oh wait the St Louis sheet I have seen is a Chasis and mine is a Body maybe thats why they are different. What is the difference did they use two sheets or just different ones depending on the plant.

Last edited by wogman75; 01-25-2009 at 08:32 AM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAR6569 View Post
Interesting. This is the first Norwood broadcast sheet I have heard of. Is it the body or chassis broadcast?

I have seen PCA but not DCA. Those codes should be the same for the other fullsize plants that used the broadcast sheets in 66. I'm not actually sure what the seat is myself. For the engine, the L might mean 327. I see an L listed under OPT for some of the broadcast sheets I have from 327 cars.

Warren
Could the PCA be Powerglide Column Shift Bench
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

I just realized the engine type is actually 8 Cylinder Type Q. The zeros actual have lines through them. I realized this after scan the sheet and zooming in.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 11:19 AM

Hmmm. I wonder what that could be. It would be easier to decode if I had seen several of these sheets but they are so hard to find. Where did you find it in the car and can you post a scan of it?
I just bought a good size lot of files from a chevy dealer in CA for fullsize cars 67-69 (and 3 from 1966). Most of the Los Angeles cars for 68 and 69 have the body and chassis broadcast copies in the file. When the car was delivered, those broadcast sheets were left inside the car (usually laying on the floor) and whomever serviced the car off the car carrier must have put them in the car's file.

I will start to look at those as they might help us with this one.

Warren
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

I Believe it was under the carpet in the back seat. It's been so long ago I don't remember. I have owned the car since 1983.

Last edited by wogman75; 01-28-2009 at 07:35 PM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 06:13 PM

Great pictures. I will compare it to the BBC's I have and get back to you. At some point, could you PM me the vin, I'd like to add it to the 64-70 fullsize chevy database. (You don't have to send it if you don't want to).

It is 8Q for the engine. Does you car have a 327 or 396?

Warren
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Back from the dead:

I am replying to this post after realizing that the 8Q probably stood for 8 Cylinder Quadrajet. Likewise you could have a 8H if yours came with a Holley. I guess there is no indication on the build sheet that my 396 is orginal to the car. I better hang on to the book with the protecto plate imprint in the back of it.

Last edited by wogman75; 07-16-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page