67 SS with numbers everywhere!! - Impala Tech
Tag Team De-coding tags & numbers

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
MJM

67 SS with numbers everywhere!!

Hello all

New to this site and I'm the proud owner of a 67 SS that I bought as a project for my dad and 13 yo son. Its not much of a project as it's in great shape, but my dad is an old Chevy car guy and Im hoping that he passes on some of his knowledge to my son. Anyway, car came with an original window sticker, 2 build sheets and a warantee book w/ protecto plate. I have done a lot of research and have decoded a bit off of each, but I'd like to get anything else I can. Couple questions to start, the cowl tag, I (think) I have the following

06B - 2nd week of June
67-16887 67 Impala SS Sport Coupe

After that is BA06976 that I cant find anything on

Trim code 890 that I cant find

Paint code TT - Capri Cream

Thats everything on the cowl tag.

Ill ask one question about the window sticker, (the build sheet looks like a months worth of work) there is an engine No. T0602GF, which I THINK means Tonawanda, June 02 but what is the GF?

OK well any help is greatly appreciated, I think I will be spending a lot of time here reading.

Thanks

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 12:32 AM

The 890 trim code is Gold bucket seats. The "GF" is the engine code suffix which indicates the particular engine and transmission. The "GF" in 67 indicated the car originally came with the 195hp 283CI small block backed by a powerglide transmission. Your engine should have the matching numbers stamped on the front pad (if it is still the original engine). Also the BA06976 indicates that the car was assembled at the Atlanta (doraville) Georgia plant, the subsequent number is just an assembly sequence number.

Just read your other post where you indicate it is now a 350 so obviously you will not find the corresponding numbers on your engine.
Sounds like a fun car for a 16 year old!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
MJM

Thanks Craig

Will post some of the protecto plate that I cant figure out later, I've been all over the web looking, but is there a site or a book to decode the build sheet?

Thanks again

Mark

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 06:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to TAR6569
I do build sheet research and will be able to help you decode some of the boxes. It sure is a lot of info on one piece of paper!

Can you send/post pictures of the window sticker, protectoplate and build sheet. It will make it easier to decode the build sheet. Usually Doraville build sheets are very frail and brittle. How are yours?

Warren
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
MJM

Protecto-plate codes

OK here is round 2, the protecto plate. Again, I think I have some of it figured out, looking to fill in some blanks. Plate looks something like this:

G TT VIN (we've done) R
T0602GF DB0602B T
C7H05N 3 3 1 (bow tie)

G - ?
TT -Capri Cream
Vin - Done
R - ?
T0602GF - 283 sb (Craig in post)
DB0602B - ?
T - ?
C7H05N - I think its (C) Cleveland Powerglide trans, (7) 1967, (H) June,
(05) 5th, N - ?

3 3 1 - Says "options" on build sheet

Again, any help appreciated, not rebuilding back to original but nice to know what it should have anyway.

Thanks again

Mark
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
MJM

Warren

I have 2 copies of the build sheet, looks like an original and a carbon. The original is rough but readable, the carbon is in pretty good shape with only a couple smudges. I might be able to scan it and if its readable I will post a copy. I have posted the protecto plate and cowl tag info, I could also try to scan the window sticker of this overpriced $3991.07 vehicle. The cool thing is it shows the buyer trading a 65 SS and getting $2271.45, a great deal for him Im sure.

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Impala Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page